Catwoman's Worst Student

It's nearly 4am. Such late lamentations.

I'm beginning to realize that Phatt is so tak makan saman with me. With Azim, he's like the real traditional Japanese wife -so submissive, so obedient, so baik. If he's not supposed to do something -like climbing onto strictly no-bulu zones in our house, namely our kitchen island and main counter, the kitchen sink, our dining table, anywhere in our wardrobe or vanity top- he won't when Azim's in plain sight. He won't even attempt to do the areas he's allowed to climb on unless Azim "invites" him to. Or if he's absolutely sure Azim's given him a 100% go-ahead.

But with me, he'll embrace liberty and do as he damn well pleases. With a real cat poker face too! It's almost as though to him I'm a fellow moggy so I'm supposed to completely understand his need to do the things he's doing. However, his cat capers are not of the evil kind, only the naughty kind that would normally amuse the cat-loving public as there is absolutely no clawing, scratching or biting involved so we're not overly concerned or anxious. In fact, we're actually grateful he's such a good cat around people, even to strangers. Nonetheless, Phatt's made it clear that, annoyingly, I'm still -and will always be- the one he chooses as the involuntary spectator of his stunts.

Or sometimes, the involuntary saviour in the aftermath of these stunts. Like yesterday. When he got stuck. Of course, while Azim was not around and I was alone with him.

See, member jumped onto the window sill in our access balcony and got stuck. It was okay when he was on the part of the window where the window panel is on the outer sliding track so he can still move about. But he got his fat butt stuck when he moved further along the sill, where the second panel is on the inner track so the space between the grille and the window pane got significantly narrower.


Narrow enough only to accomodate the exact width of his whole body so he couldn't turn anymore than the angle he was in at that point. His futile attempts to sidle out the rest of his body between the iron bars to freedom made the grille clang a little, which got me running over to the scene of the crime and that's how I found him -pretty much in a cat limbo, as you can see. And in his wedged panic, Mr Bulu didn't have the sense to move backwards so he just...well, it seemed he just looked up to God for help.



Heh. You can almost hear what he's asking for. More catnip, less cat baths and for now, a smaller cat butt so he can wriggle his way to freedom and not have to wait like a pussy for that lousy Raihan to save him because she's only interested in laughing at him and taking pictures of his misery. Heh. And then....when all that wasn't immediately granted, he finally looked at me and gave me this face...



Muka mintak kesian. As much as I wanted to milk the situation some more for all it was worth, I couldn't resist any form of muka kesian so I got the keys, unlocked the grille and released my Bastard bulu king from his tight prison.

Needless to say, he kept a good distance from that window sill since then. I don't know how long that'll last, knowing his tak makan saman stance when it comes to me. And his irresistable urge to explore the impossible in front of me.

*sigh*

Phatt, Phatt....you are, well and truly, the only living thing I allow to bully me and get away scot-free! Who would've known being so berbulu can get one so far!

Oh well. It's late now so g'night, cats, people and catpeople!

No comments: