Another Banjar Bites The Dust

A thousand apologies to my dear cousin Azhar, whom I've not met/seen/talked to for too long because while I was away in Dubai, he was away in Australia.

Why the thousand sorries now?

Well, both of us are back in Singapore for good but with much regret, I still didn't get to be around for the happiest day of his life because I just couldn't make my roster budge any more than it did the last time I shifted things for SK's wedding. And that's the way the cabin crew cookie crumbles.

So as I was saying, a thousand apologies and....



....a thousand mabrouks to Azhar Azman and his beautiful new wife, Khairunissa Koh! A couple made in Australia, married in Singapore and moving to...? :P I don't know...I haven't heard anything yet but it seems to be customary for young couples on that side of my family to get hitched and get moving -far, far away. Some come back. Kak Shirin and I are the latest to return. Some don't. We'll see where Mr and Mrs Azhar's heading to post-honkymoon. Heh.

But what I did hear was that their wedding was a lovely one, held at the new Goldkist Beach Resort along East Coast Park. There was even a traditional Malay band to make beautiful wedding music! And of course, I missed the big fat reunion of all my Banjar relatives.

And again, that's the way the cabin crew cookie crumbles.

Have a blessed and beautiful life together, Mr and Mrs Azhar! Don't leave without telling us when and where hor!



PS: Picture courtesy of my sister and her phone. Clearly not a successful synergy of man (or rather, hormonal teenager) and machine since this picture is the ONLY one that was good enough for me to put up here. And to think I didn't bring my camera to Christchurch because I wanted my sister to bring it to the wedding to take pictures. But *sigh*.....as usual, she forgot. As my nenek would put it for her succintly, if her *beep* were not fixed to her front......

No comments: