Tuesday 1st January 2008
I started off 2008 in New York with Gossip Girl!
No, I didn't fly off to New York for my countdown, though my deepest desires last night were demanding such dreams to come true immediately but of course, my deepest pockets were saying nay.
I just got hooked on (yet) another New York drama series! Even more so because it's set in the Upper East Side, namely Manhattan -the glam ghetto. The screenshots bring back sweet memories that in turn, trigger yearnings that only another New York trip can satisfy. Additionally, the storyline and settings are the best kind -scandalous, stylish, sexy, surprising and sometimes stupid. Gloriously stupid. Just like reality. As much as many of us would like to deny it, art does imitate life many times over. The crux of the matter is, all that glitters is not gold. Sometimes it's just really a shiny white lie. Heh.
Anyway, the Americans might not have done very well with the "war on terror" but they've sure got addictive TV down pat! And I must say, they've marketed New York City life pretty well. So much so that for the past ten years, I've gone through phases of my life where I wanted to be Rachel, then Charlotte and now, Serena. Who's Serena? Ask Gossip Girl.
New York aside, Azim and I ushered in the New Year the same way we did last year, with fireworks, hugs and hopes. Except that this time, we did it in Singapore. Honestly, it was almost surreal for me yesterday, as I watched the sky explode as midnight struck. Life's so hasty, the way it goes by in a snap. Take your time, take a break and there it goes. You've got to catch up or else you'll get bogged down by all that change. I speak from experience, I'm still gasping for air. Before I managed to catch my breath with 2007, 2008's already here. Before I completely got over Dubai and Emirates, I've already started Singapore and SIA. Before I've put my previous life to bed, my new life's already up and on.
All the exhilaration is tiring but I can't help it. That's just how it goes, it keeps me going and honestly, I actually like it. Like I like Gossip Girl. Like I love New York.
And I'm going to love 2008, InsyaAllah. If it's anything to go by, the number "8" is regarded by so many people to be a lucky number. So...
HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!!
Get lucky now, ya hear?!
PS: Nat, thanks for the heads-up on Gossip Girl!

3 comments:
Hello Raihan!
well , congratulations on gettin into SQ , it must be tuff having to go from lax to less!oops , i mean MORE (stress).but nevertheless , well SQ should be a good way to start showing off the glam again!hmm..i wonder whatever happened to all those diplomas you apparently kept saying you need to do , and do and do again and then POOF , the do's became the DOH!
well , 08 should be a good year for you , seems you "ATE" your words on SQ...hey wait.
you did NOT "eat" your words , weren't you FROM SQ before you joined Emirates?
Or was that another "kesian Raihan kena retrenched" story you spun YET AGAIN!!!
Oh no..I bet SQ's gonna have a ball of a time with you around , what more with the "terperanjat" look with the blue eyeshadows..
MAMPUS!
please warn me if we all ever see you at the airport , I'm praying Halloween doesn't come too early for all of us!
ooopss..macam mana eh?
takpelah..inikan RAIHAN..
pandai-sepandai pandainyer tapi tak pernah pandai!jadi low class stewardess jugak!!
betul betul tak bedek!!
Oh by the way!
kawan baik you yang semembers-members dulu kan,skarang dah bermembers-members ngan best friend you yang dulu you ampu-ampukan!
haiz..pecah tembelang kau raihan!!
tu lah dia , hidup kat dubai senang tak nak , sekarang kat singapura main sembunyi-sembunyi!kawan lama dulu kau semua dah bilis kau.
eeeeeee!!
malunyer!!!maybe they malu to see you or you MALU to see them?
ok bye bye.
Oh selamat tahun baru ek!
oh ps eh!
which reporter are you gonna "HIRE" and bangga-banggakan tanah air punya airline , lepas kau dah "bangga-banggakan" si Arab airline tu dulu?
ni lah dia orang bersemuka , dulu kat Emirates cakap nak tinggal sana , hidup mewah , kereta besar , orang lawar..
skarang?
flat renovate , kreta Jepun , baju kebaya..
wah besnyer hidup raihan.
banyak sekali drama-nyer!
kalah Gossip Girl yang dia tgh sibuk tengok eh skarang!
hahahahhaha.
dah lah Raihan , seriously , the best way out is to get OUT.
and for you , out means that mouth.
and , those stories OBVIOUSLY!
*lalalaalallalalalal*
love me or hate me , if you dare!
cos babygirl , i know ALL your dirty lil secrets.
and for your supporters yang "CAMP RAIHAN"..tolong lah eh.
"CAMP ANGELINA" pun kalah korang punya ampu , padahal belakang PARANG PEH BESAR!!!
ok slamatz!!
just to set the record straight , I am not writing this because I like you , I am writing this because I think you really need to start thinking where you stand.
If you cannot be someone , don't try too hard.
Oh and i just noticed , a coment moderation has been enabled.Smart girl , despite all those failed tries of getting a diploma , now you're only concerned of all the good things people have to say.
Seriously?
If ya feel that you are all that good , I dare you to post this comment.
:)
oh but then again , it's only Raihan.
just as the face shows pox marks , it's the same as you are , chicken!!
tata!!
Wow... so much hatred, so much angst.. anyway I'm just an avid reader of your blog. Got to know your blog thru some friends and guess they were right, you do write beautifully with or without the diplomas =D
your blog is pretty infectious that I got hooked to it , hehe...
The lady who commented so much on you must have hated her life pretty much and be pretty envious of your life right now huh...
I mean, ya who can honestly claim that they have never spun any tall tales whilst blogging... No ONE... but hey, its your BLOG, you can spun as many tales as you want to for your avid readers kakaka...
Whatever it is Raihan, do whatever that you've been doing and keep your chin up... the earlier commentor is just being a pompous gal, heh...
peace no war XD
xxx
crescentian : 1990 - 1994
Seriously grateful if u can help me on this... But where do u watch the gossip girl from?
Post a Comment