The Heat Is On...Or Is it?

Monday 4th September 2006

Lookit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

54 -effing- degrees celcius? Isn't that like half boiling point? Doesn't that fry brains and stuff? Brains, schlera, hingus, taik idong....all chap chye-ded and fried to perfection. Ouchies. At this time, to say Dubai is hot would be a gross understatement.

It's boiling. Or at least, halfway there.

(But if one wants to take the liberty to say Raihan is hot at any time, one would be just about right. On so many levels. Heh. )

Seriously, it was so hot, I got so sticky and melekit just by walking across the compound from Crew Briefing to the crew carpark. By the time I located my Fatfat, my skin felt so adhesive-like, you could throw me on a wall or ceiling and I would stick like a human cicak.

Ugh.

And if at that time today, if anyone in Dubai said something like "That shit just made my blood boil!" to my (hot, bothered and melekit) face, I'm going to have to take him or her literally and haul him or her down the the hospital for some pronto cooling.





( Pardon the crap. Raihan penat. And the gila temperature lasted for only ten minutes before coming down somewhat rapidly to a more tolerable 34 degrees. I think the temperature surge was a short weather heatwave caused by a sudden arrival of a really hot non-meteorological factor. Me. )

No comments: