Wednesday 30th August 2006
My dearest husband,
Today's the day.
After so many trials and tribulations rendered upon us by The Office Leprechaun and Her Indian Sidekick, today's your day. And with that, I can take my own sweet time now and do my own sweet thing. Thank you.
I can't even begin to fully explain in detail, the intensity of you in my life because the force is so overwhelming, it's all I could do to let you and all your goodness wash over me like infinite manna from heaven. Since the day we met, I am the one who is constantly backing down or backing out whenever something even remotely smells like a failure. And you always, always, always hold my hand tightly as we search for the silver lining in every grey cloud that floats my way. Amazingly, we always find that silver lining. Or that pot of gold. Or that enchanted forest with the faraway tree.
(I am a sucker for cliches, I know.)
And yet, I am still the eternal pessimist. And you are my eternal optimist.
Thank you for persevering. For having faith in me. For showing me the sweet salvation in the midst of the sour. For wanting to work hard so that I don't have to. For not doing what you really want to do so that I can do what I want to do. For being selfless so I can be selfish.
And thank you for giving me the clarity of the bigger picture. Of what I can do during the time of what I cannot do. Perhaps I'll wear that gown. Perhaps I'll wear that other gown. It all can be made possible. Because I am with you.
Without you, I would have given up. I would have shrivelled up and died, like a spineless slug in this hot desert sun. I would have left. Left here. Left life. Left the right. But with you, I will fight for my life. With you, I will fight for our lives. Together. Here.
And for you, today's the day.
Congratulations, my love.
(And here's to you making a beeline for that dark blue suit.)
InsyaAllah. We'll be okay. And if possible, more than okay.
Can?
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment