Yesterday With Zack Z.

Saturday 3rd June 2006

It was that time of the month again yesterday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When everyone got together at Abang Zack's place to discuss "serious" adult matters (i.e. gossip), life's shady little dealings (i.e. problems) and the participants of these shady little dealings (i.e the people who give us these problems). I always thought hanging out with older people would involve a lot of nodding heads, rubbing chins and mm-hmmms. I thought wrong, apparently. Hanging out with Abang Zack and Kak Lifah and a few other married-with-children adults thus far in Dubai has proven otherwise. I was even invited (i.e forced) by Kak Lifah to join the Dubai Singapore Women's Club and go to the monthly meet-ups (i.e luncheons, high-teas, charity drives) with her and her wifey posse. Uh...I'll just take a raincheck for that, thank you very much. It felt a tad too Stepford for me. Let's see how long till Raihan succumbs to peer pressure and turns into one of them ladies-who-lunch (i.e never!). Hello Birkins!

Yes, there was food. Yes, I had a Cekik Fiesta. Nope, no pics. The bubbling hydrochloric acid in my famished stomach probably corroded the cells in my (big??) brain that are responsible for memory. Heh. Anyway, excellent spread, as usual, Kak Lifah! It's a good thing this engorgement only happens once a month. Everyday like this punya makan and I'd be on my South Beach Diet......yet again. This time, forever.

Anyway, after the Cekik Fiesta, everyone macam ular sawa...all slithering and squirming to give in to the droopy eyes and fall asleep. At that point, talk was cheap, baby! Sleep would have been more valuable, what with the hot hot hot weather.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And talk, inevitably, turned to cars, as Abang Zack offered us his BMW at a good price (really temptingly good!) coz he wanted to get a Jaguar and a third car will not fit in his garage since he still wanted to keep his Rexton. Hmmm...now, what will the two of us do with a Murano, a Porsche (which we're going to sell anyway) and a Beemer?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See that little kecik No.5? Heh. Yeah he was trying to convince his dad NOT to let us have the car because that's HIS favourite care. Heh. Kecik-kecik dah tau Beemers ROCK!

And this time, Kak Lifah's parents, Pakcik Birin and Cik Faridah were around in hot hot hot Dubai to contribute their worldy advice and age-old experiences. Felt nice to have neneks and datuks around for a change. I felt childlike. I felt young.I felt the inner-child in me struggling to come out and play. I felt a little bit insane. :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think I did go a little bit insane. I was running around by the pool in 40 degree heat. Go figure. Azim, while taking the pictures from the safe haven of Abang Zack's canopy, was nagging at me to come back inside, out of the scorching burning sun. I can feel the inner-datuk in him struggling to come out and nag. Heh.

But I think I'd like to do this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yeap...he looked pleased-as-puck under the table while we all were having our post-lunch cups of tea. I want to be 5 again coz there is no way I can get away with doing THIS now. Heh.

I'm two decades too late.

Oh well.

No comments: