Yesterday morning, I realized I was without my mobile.
It's either I lost it, like really really farkin' lost it or it has dropped behind a piece of heavy furniture and got sucked into a vortex. The trouble is that piece of heavy furniture (and mobile phone vortex) can possibly be in two places -my apartment or Kak Lifah's villa. That is, if it's not really really farkin' lost. As in, lost outside. Outside vortex more terok, hokay? Hilang for good, baby!
I'm not overly troubled over my current troubles and I know why. Even though I was pretty attached to my N6270. Hey, no one else I knew had it, hokay?! They either had the N6280 or the N6111. With my N6270, I felt unique. Heh. But I feel no love lost. This could be an excuse in disguise. An excuse to get a spankin' new celly, baby! Where's N6270? Oh hello N91!
Okay..okay..I can't appear too excited yet about the prospect of a new phone. I must chill. Chill for a bit. For Azim's sake, I must put on a facade of frenzy over my misplaced mobile. He's so passionate about finding it, it's tugging at my heartstrings! He's really committed to his mobile so he's expecting me to be that way too with mine. And I either keep leaving my phone behind, leaving it turned off or leaving it battery-less. Or I drop it down a million stories with blatant nonchalance. Or I forget I have it. And we all know, sometimes, mobile monogamy is not even close to possible when shiny new models sashay down the Nokia/Samsung/Motorola runway every once too often. We all have a tendency to cheat or at least salivate guiltlessly at the latest, skinniest ones, with our noses pressed up against the glass at the nearest phone shop.
But I must reflect Azim's undying fervor (coz it is, after all, my blardy phone!) and go with him to look for it for awhile, with a mask of wrinkly-faced worry to boot. I'll korek dusty corners and kebas sofa cushions. I'll peer into dark manky hollow spaces. I'll get down and dirty on my hands and knees. I'll look for my "beloved" mobile. With closed eyes. Heh.
I'll give it one more day, declare it hopelessly lost and embark on a new journey to get a new celly.
*rubs dusty hands in glee*
So hold your calls, messages and hollers, people. Or direct it to Azim's mobile. He's now my defacto
Let's see if I can squeeze his cute butt into a tiny little secretary's skirt and make him bend over to pick up a pencil. Or look for my phone.
P.S: Oh and Nurul-Hot-Stuff, once this "Lost" expedition is over, I'll answer your bat (tag!) signal. Heh.

No comments:
Post a Comment