Just To Let You Know, I Still Give A Damn

Thursday 1st June 2006

First of all, I'd say it's heartwarming and humbling to seize the startling realization that I just don't miss what I don't need. I come into my own. I step unto this plateau of understanding. I just know what I know. I know, I know.

Second of all, I never asked to be an island but now, I'd rather be by choice. My afflictions then were of good reason as my affiliations were compromised. I regret not that I weighed you with much value. I think we all need to know who means what in our lives so that if everyone I know is drowning in the deep end of the pool, I'd know who to save first and who can drift away. If I am to think about it now, I know I'd still save you. After all, it will be based on sound reason, of a long past and on a real thing. Of people in pieces yet dragons slayed. Of bitchiness unfounded yet loyalty unshaken.

Unfortunately, in a matter of moments, it has all swirled into nothingness as it all gave way to shiny glitter and new gold. Or so I perceive. Oh well.

I'll be where I need to be if you need me. If you.... at all. But since you don't, I take many steps back and I will stay in the back for as long as I need to be. Not out. Just back. And I don't care if that's okay with you. I stay blissfully indifferent.

If it's all good now, then good on you, my dear. It has been a long way to come this way, hasn't it?

And last of all, when life is shit; fart hard.

Come out into the desert sunshine smelling sweet.

No comments: