After the previous post, I slept macam dah kena tembak. As usual.
Urge Overkill's Pulp Fiction soundtrack classic (Girl....you'll be a woman...soon!), which is my current ringtone, did not do much to rouse me from my slumber as I woke up, later at about 3am, with at least fifteen missed calls and a few messages, one of which questioned me why I always "bubble" her (sorry lah Rainy sayaaanngg!!) and the other one inviting me to a PJ Party at Lenstra Halfway House aka my new galpal's cute Dutch pilot boypren's HUGE apartment somewhere behind Jumeira (sorry lah Naz.....aku so nak sloth lagik tapi I was very very very shagged!). Beyond exhaustion.
How not to be exhausted?
The past few days was a veritable mayhem of being on standby as well as operating. Like a veritable schizo, I was a stewardess gila and a stewardess glam (konon!). At the same time. First, my EK 003 was cancelled so my London plans also kena cancelled (nak pergi carik tu vintage Dior slingbag I saw on Tamara Mellon!). Then I was put on EK 005 so London plans back on again. Then I kena deadhead to dunno where yet so London plans off. Again. Off. On. Off. On. Sempat balik pergi berak kejap. Then, finally, at 1443 LT, I entered Briefing Room 16 for EK 005, introduced myself and was well on my way to London, with just a trace of energy left.
Which depleted post-flight (obviously!) but instead of resting up, I watched Channel Four till I got sick of TV (and of an annoying blond British presenter called Debbie Gill) and got sick of myself. Thus, I spent TEN British Pounds (which is painfully AED60), while still in my room, to connect my laptop to British broadband and surf the Internet. Viewed countless blogs, known and unknown (I've got a new fav!!), viewed countless Multiplies (people DO sometimes take too many repetitive pictures of themselves!ME included lah eh!), viewed countless Friendster profiles (was she really from that school?I beg to differ) and downloaded but not really viewed a bit of porn. Really. Heh. All in all, being in London this time was not as fun as it was last time. Also coz last time my Azim Babushuknya (very very babushuk!!) was in it. Good thing it was just a short trip and I was on my way back to Dubai the next day.
It also didn't help that prior to the morning of the flight a few days ago, I relinquished my initial plans to get lost in Dubai (coz I'm getting quite good with directions) and found myself invited to the aforementioned Lenstra "Halfway House" to engorge myself with the homecooked delights of hot babes, Nas and Yana (new galpal also who then turned out to be a fellow NgeeAnnPoly's MassComm alumni!!):-

Homecooked and served here:-

It was a very good meal in a very nice apartment (trust me these pictures do not do it justice...these pictures depict only like 10% of the whole place!!) but unforunately, its new name is Lenstra's Halfway House, is which was what I dubbed Nas's boypren's place. Coz by 1am, this was me:-

Kena blanketed (with Emirates Business Class blanket!!) by si dekni:-

Macam bahasakan aku jer, Nas. I know you wanna just shout in my ear: "Orang jemput makan aje tau...bukan jemput tido!"
But then..Raihan memang tak tau malu AND Raihan terrified of driving at night when extremely sleepy AND the nasi lemak sedated me something terrible AND Raihan tengah takot momok. So I said I just wanna close my eyes kejap aje but at 5am, I woke up to this:-

Tak macam halfway-house of abused stewardesses?! I'd allow that one of the abused stewardesses has every right to be there lah, being the girlfriend of Mr Sarre Lenstra, owner of the Halfway House and Emirates First Officer but what about the other two?
Especially the married one (Raihan angkat tangan), whose husband is away and who has her own house to go home to but torned on the couch anyway, for fear of hurting herself and her Murano out of extreme nasi-lemak-induced ngantok-ness and also....takot hantu-ness (I just watched "Fog" alone can?!). Yana can be excused lah, she was really not feeling well, having upchucked half of the nasi lemak she helped to cook. Babe, I hope you're feeling better and enjoying your well-deserved leave in Singapore now. Come back to Dubai and holler hokay?!
Oh well, Nas..it was a whole lotta fun. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. You're a riot. Yana's a riot. Sarre's a riot. Oh and cute!
I was a wreck but you guys kindly overlooked that. Heh.
Now, I have to make up for bubbling si Rainy lagik. Nas, you have to help me out on this one today. Howsabout Nasi Lemak at Malaysian First Restaurant on Sheikh Zayed Road, yes?!
My treat. Oh and my ride.
About my lost London plans, I have another London next week. Vintage Diors can be hunted down and hauled home hence.

No comments:
Post a Comment