As we all know, I am the banyak menyenyeh one.
No?! Really. Denial is futile.
I'm the one. Not just in here. Also in the world Azim and I share as soulmates, best friends, colleagues, birthday-buds and of course, as husband and wife. I'm the one who banyak menyenyeh to him, even with the written word. Notes, letters (especially bila kita gaduh and I don't want to talk to him!), instructions, poems, text messages, MSN (yes, we MSN each other, you know?!) and e-mails.
At the most, when he has to go away while I'm away myself, I'd come home to a MagnaDoodle note from him on our front door. Today, upon my return from a cancelled London EK003, it was this:-

*smiles*
But then, as I lazily went about my post-flight home rituals and roamed around the house in various stages of stupor and exhaustion, I delightfully found little yellow bits of him here and there:-

One yellow bit on his lappie told me that he needed me to install some new software into his lappie. One yellow bit on my lappie was a quick scribble of the latest variation of our future firstborn son's name (yes, we're developing these things in stages as we go along!). One yellow bit told me a "Linda" called our home from "dunnowhere", wanted to speak to me and left her number. One yellow bit told me to collect my new card from the National Bank of Dubai before they cancelled it again. One yellow bit told me he loved me and why. One yellow bit reminded me of some things I needed to get done for myself.
All the yellow bits melted me into ooey gooey messy bits.
Semenjak dua menjak tiga menjak nie, both of us are quite the mat and minah jiwangs. It's the heady bittersweet combination of overlapping flights, our nak-start-belom-start-dah-start Singapore house-hunting headache and the countdown to our birthdays and of course, to our first year anniversary.
As it is, the gift-hinting (no, not gift-hunting.....yet!) has begun.
I hint to him. He hints back. I hint twice. He hints thrice.
And it ping-pongs till kingdom come. Or perhaps sooner...........
..................when the hints finally hit.
Maybe I'll write him a hint on a yellow bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment