Makan Time, Baby!

Monday 30th January 2006

Being away from our own mommies and daddies makes us fair game for other people's mommies and daddies.

So once every few weeks, Azim and I will accept his cousins' many invites to have dinner with their family as every other weekend, Azim gets a hearty text message from Abang Zack extending his usual dinner invite (Buat apa makan kat luar, sini banyak makan ah! -said one of the messages).

See, Abang Zack and Kak Lifah are always up to something, always opening their villa doors to warmly welcome family and friends. When Azim and I are not swamped with flights, we readily make our way to their beautiful villa in the quieter suburbs of Dubai to feast with them. A few weeks ago, it was a garden barbeque. Before that, it was Kak Lifah's Mee-Siam Fiesta. I always leave their home with an expanded waistline. Azim? Tak payah cakap. He attacks the food with such gusto, I lose my initial objective to eat small portions and pile the food on my plate macam perakos. Well, home-cooked food always had that effect on me anyway.

Yesterday evening was one of those days, despite it not being a weekend (FYI: Dubai's weekends are on Thursdays and Fridays). For once, I remembered to bring my camera.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Kak Lifah, Abang Zack and their eldest son, Danial.

And it was a feast for sore tummies with a lovely smorgasbord of home-cooked Malay food. Rendang. Lauk Lemak. Sambal Telor. Keropok.

Needless to say, these two kanak-kanak riang (dan lapar!).....

Image hosting by Photobucket

.......went home, very belly happy.

Many many thanks Abang Zack and Kak Lifah!! I know you'll never admit it even if one day, you are but jangan serik tau!

I'll be leaving for a long trip (ONE WEEK away!!) in a few hours time and I am still in a happy belly mood (i.e sluggish, malas, sleepy, over-satisfied).

Mind over matter. Mind over matter. Mind over rendang. Mind over rendang.

*burps*

No comments: