You Give Me Fever...

I just don't feel it.

But many of you do, I'd bet.

I bet you all are knee deep in Hari Raya preparations, adrenaline pumping, baju-kurung spree, ketupat origami, kuih onslaught and house decor fever. I bet RIA and WARNA are pumping out the Raya tunes by the dozen. I bet Geylang has been upped a notch on the social calender and has taken precedence over nightspots, cafes and bistros. I've been blog-hopping and I must say almost everyone worth their salt has been infected with demam menjelang Hari Raya,

I'm still waiting for it to infect me. I have done my baju Hari Raya shopping in Jakarta so I can't get infected there. My apartment is already on a decor overkill. The whole of Dubai retail is on a Ramadhan sale so a "Geylang" here would be quite moot. And it's useless to do the kuihs and ketupats because I have no idea how they celebrate it here. I am sure it is just as meriah. But in a different way, obviously. A way alien to Azim and I. We want to do it our way.

So we are glad we're going back for Hari Raya in the last week of Ramadhan as we miss the maelstrom that reigns supreme in the days that lead up to Syawal. My new roster allows me to go home as early as the 30th of November, when my leave begins, and my next flight is only on the 24th of November. But my final road test is on the 3rd of November. So I'll jump on the first plane back home on the 4th, after I DAH PASS LESEN!

So, till then, enjoy the fever while it lasts!

4 comments:

Babysunkist said...

me bloghop, hope u dnt mind. hai raihan....camat berpuasa and also berbuka. Hope u had a great time enjoying yr ramadhan month. anyway goodluck for yr driving test in Nov. insyallah u will be able to pass. take care & hope u will have a safe journey coming back to Singapore on the 4th.

Shazila said...

noooooo,i don't rasa hari raya.YET. :/

Anonymous said...

hey der..its me farah ..U tagged me earlier..Thanks yah..its nice to noe someone really knows how i felt..Leaving my passion and my beloved friends..And then my sickness..Geeez..Reading ur msg brightens up my day..Thank a lot..Do tag often yah..Link me up or sumthing...
God Bless..

Ms DyNamITe said...

raihan...all the best on ya drivin..my drivin test is on the 8th nov.hehehe...

gd luck and take care yah..