Le It All,Mon Dieu!

I found the elusive makcik, Tina. Hibernating in her room in The Renaissance, Dubai. Called The Renaissance. Asked for a Ms Kartina Kassim, Singapore Airlines cabin crew.

"Certainly, Madam. I'll put you through." Cue in Arabic hold music.

3 seconds.

"Hello?" asked she.

"Welcome to Dubai!" said me.

"Who is this?" asked she.

"Tis' me. Raihan!" said me.

And an hour long conversation, interspersed with gossip, small-world realization and updates ensued.

After which I watched Le Divorce on a superb quality DVD cetak rompak. Chet! But I enjoyed it. The little bits of drama, the hidden background focus on the Saint Ursula painting, the Hermes bags, the Hermes scarves, the undercurrents of anti-French propaganda, the Kate Hudson and of course, the Paris-ness of it all.


The screenplay and the acting of some of the characters are not really something to be reckoned with but what the hell, it was pretty to look at. Almost parfait. I'm sure reading the novel itself would give more of an intellectual experience as it was a bestseller anyways.

And for the first time in my life, I realized I've been to a movie setting before I watched the movie. It gave me a sense of surrealism and a sense of "feeling Kate Huson kat Paris". Don't worry. I'll get over it.

Now, it's the next day. I've since been put back on one of the flights I was grounded for because of my quickly-cleared-up rash so today I have a turnaround to Tehran. Just when Tina and I thought of partaking a little of Dubai and the Ramadhan sale today. Well, we'll meet up tomorrow. Makcik tu got a few days here before she heads back to Singapore.

And last night, funnily enough, I had a weird dream. I dreamt I was back with my ex, Shahnaz, and that we were happy. We were doing all the crazy things we used to do when were together last time and I remember lotsa laughter in the dream. Hmmm...based on many of the dream oracles and dream psychology books I've read, that thing one dreams about does not mean that thing itself. It actually represents something else. So my dream is not about Shahnaz but something he represents.Now, the thing is WHAT does Shahnaz represent? A pretty boy? An anak mak (coz HE IS SO THE MOMMA'S BOY)? A self-loved individual? A nosy parker? Or, let me quote the man himself, a playa? Haha.

Well, I'm not sure but I think it's because I miss Azim BIG TIME. And missing him takes me on whole so my emotional mind is consumed. And as I toil through the days till he returns home, I cleaned my apartment and rearranged the furniture, found (and currently thinking of owning) gorgeous white ugg-style Gucci boots on Gucci.com, did a little retail therapy at Gucci in Dubai and had lotsa laughs talking to Tina, I guess that provides a happiness buffer while I miss Azim. And in the midst of all that, a few days ago, Shahnaz beeped me on MSN and we were supposed to exchange stories and new gossip but I had to go and buka so the only thing left hanging was Shahnaz. Thus as he hangs in some obscure "in-tray" part of my mind, he seeped into my dreams as I sleep and the seratonin equation of him hanging + me happy today = to me dreaming about him.

Ta-da!

And for the record, I still do miss my Azim. My big, stinky, smelly, smooth-skinned, curly-haired, sensitive and lovely Azim with his almost-girlish giggles and his neverending supply of love, lilies and laban.

*sighs*

1 comment:

buffy said...

harlowzz darlink! ayee many thankx for your sleep theraphy advice. eheh I think ill get the pillow spray soon! ohh and *omg* u were with a certain jeremy?! the controversial one from VS? haha yeah i wonder wat happened to him lah. I've hardly heard abt the mendaki people or even pple from my school. haha..Anyway u takecare yah & happy fasting! - Ana