This is a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. It has been touted as the third Porsche. Which basically means that THIS is the cat's meow when it comes to SUVs. It's flashy, it's huge, it's high-tech, it's easy to handle and best of all, it is a Porsche. Nuff said.
Enlighten me here. When someone gives THIS to you as a birthday gift, would you sell it away the moment the giver's back is turned? I know I wouldn't. It's a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. It'll come in handy when I have my four kids and still wanna look ultra sophisticated and posh in a Porsche. I would never not want a gift like THAT.
It's funny though, as I go car-hunting, I see a couple of these, a Porsche Boxter, a BMW X5 and a few other dream cars sitting in the used car showroom. With odometers of ZERO kms, leather seats still so stiff your ass won't make a print and tyres with nary a smudge on them, these cars shouldn't be in used car showrooms. They look out of place. They should be in their respective boutiques with their kickass newness and their blinding shiny-ness. What then, are these young hot models doing in the used sections?
Ladies and gentlemen, these are "unwanted gifts". A concept only familiar to the rich and powerful and a concept totally lost on me. Unwanted gift? A Porsche?
Yes. Apparently, as patiently explained to me by Mr Beefy-Lebanese Car Salesman, the super Arab beings of Dubai buy shiny new coupes, cabriolets and Cayennes for their friends and family for occasions such as birthdays, graduations, weddings and events as such. I'm sure even kenduri budak sunat also warrants a shiny new Dodge Viper for future use. As these super Arab beings only know fellow super Arab beings, sometimes these pricey gifts are rendered redundant because the gift receiver already has two or three Porsches sitting in his massive garage. Hence the gift of a Porsche Cayenne Turbo is brought to the nearest used car dealer and the gift receiver cashes in his gift, of course, at a price less than it's showroom value but a price of a Porsche, nonetheless. And the now-deemed "unwanted gift" Porsche Cayenne Turbo sits pretty in a used car lot, waiting for someone to love.
I stood speechless on the skid-mark of shock. Who are these rich super Arab beings and how rich CAN they be? Who would afford such a birthday gift for a friend as though it's just the latest Toys R Us toy? Who should I really make friends with now?
Heh.
As I am NOT a rich super Arab being, I simply stroked the bonnet of the Cayenne lovingly and longingly, walked out of the used car showroom and made a mental note to search for rich Arab super beings to be friends with. As I stole a glance at Azim, I could see him also thinking the same thing. What the heck for, honey?! You already got your car! Hmph!
Ya habibi!? Wahid Porsche Cayenne Turbo! YALAH!

1 comment:
ive been tellin mum dat i wun get married unless she hooked me up wif some dubai prince or boy juz to get myself one of those darn pricey wheels. hahaha....wishful thinkin aye.
--min
Post a Comment