What a day....my computer was down where my mind was up. Had so much to do....e-mails to check, sites to surf,reports to send by a 6pm deadline, thougts to blog before they get blurry....did they really say computers would make your life easier? Maybe that was in some parallel universe where the Microsoft sun shines brighter and the Mac grass gets greener.Anyway, just as well...gave me all the time to sit and stare and surmise. About my weekend. Friday: Funeral. Saturday: Family. Sunday:Wedding. How exciting. It went by in a whir. It's sad that it always takes a funeral for a whole family to suddenly take the time to have a family gathering, outside the festive seasons. It's sad that when you are all together, you realize how you really don't know anyone there at all. And it's funny that with the realization hanging palpably in the air, our knee-jerk reaction would be to fake it. Fake it all. So on Friday, I faked it so good. But I didn't fake the sadness. I looked at the suddenly shrivelled face of the man who sired the man who sired me...I hardly knew him and that made me sad. My paternal grandfather was a stranger to me. Yet his blood courses through my veins and I know my bad-tempered streak was from him. I really never knew him. In fact, there was a point in my life, I didn't even like him. HE kept himself away from us. He kept so much away from us. And now, the irreversible has occured.And what didn't happen will never happen.

No comments: