Saturday: Operation Walk-To-JB-in-Hot-Sun. Azim and I decided to take advantage of our compassionate leave and visit his parents in JB. Apparently they got themselves in an accident a few days ago and they didn't even tell their kids in Singapore! Azim found out from his sister who found out from their little brother. Anyway, Causeway on a Saturday was Causeway Jammed!Bumper to bumper....sheesh!Made me crave for my own little Cessna.I could just radio it in...jump in and fly off....totally violating local private aircraft landing and take-off regulations, in the process. Who the hell do I think I am? Julita Aishah? Gotta...snap.....out....of......delusions....of......grandeur.......!Aaarrgghh! Okay,we saw the jam as soon as we entered Woodlands and Azim had this wise-assed idea of parking his car in Woodlands and walking ACROSS to JB! "Think of it as an adventure...or a really good weight-loss program," he says.....it was more like Walk-A-Tan Causeway Cross Country! It was HOT. I was wearing black. HE was wearing black. THAT didn't help. And apparently, a kejillion other people had the wise-assed idea of walking so the immigration counters were also jammed so ha-ha to us. Finally, after what seemed like eons, we made it....yeah...albeit a little more tanned and a little more sticky than we bargained for, we overcame the mother of all jams to reach JB in record time. Oh and I met an old friend ...maybe now just an aquaintance, we really don't go around the same circles anymore, let alone talk. That's sad.Anyway, he was at the first JB petrol station one sees when one gets into JB and I was thinking this dude looks familiar....but I didn't really say anything (due to my lesson-learnt of the Mat-Noor-but-not-Mat-Noor incident in the train) until i got a closer look and I KNEW it was someone i know...or knew. NO OTHER guy has hair as luscious as this friend of mine...i remember asking him once what he did to his hair that made it so nice and he told me it was a secret hair concoction.He refused to divulge it to me. Ah well...maybe it's true...maybe it's not.....maybe it's genetics...or luck....or some girly routine he goes through every morning to get it looking like that..you know, shampoo, conditioner, massage, treatment, brush 100x etc etc...heheh....okay..okay.. sorry, Elmie. I was kidding. Oh yeah, he did say something to me when he saw me..."I read your blog." Okay..okay...I'm over it.Stupid ol' me really didn't think blog = PUBLIC access if you don't give out your URL but now, after Elmie and Gaz and a few other people like my friend Rozi (who got engaged yesterday so congrats babe!), I know the damage. Anyway, in JB downed a whole big cup....no,not cup, TEMPAYAN of aloe-vera pandan juice. Oh THAT'S my JB addiction....besides the Halal Taco-balls.We then took a cab to Azim's house (SUCH a long ride...his house is so far away!) and spent the whole evening with his mom telling me and Azim ghost stories and then talking about our wedding and all that. Rather nice....I feel more comfortable with them than with the family I just got together with on Friday. Oh...wait...I'm gonna pause for a cause....they are showing Hearts in Atlantis on HBO. This I gotta see......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment