The 20th of December 2004 was a sad day for me as I reached Singapore from Dubai in a fixated haste, only to learn that I was too late. My father's passed on, he's left, he's gone. I didn't make it in time to say my last goodbye. Death has relieved him of his pain but reduced me of my Daddy.
I stood in the middle of the arrival hall in Changi International Airport Terminal One. And cried.
I stood by his body, later, in the living room of my childhood home in Gillman Heights. And cried.
I wasn't there at the burial, on the same day, because I stayed at home and surrounded myself with his things. And cried.
I visited his resting place some time after that. And cried.
Four years on, I don't cry anymore but in my heart, in my mind, in my dreams and in everything of every place that I go, my daddy lives still.
And she will too. In yours.
I miss him everyday and I miss him much but I miss him with a smile.
And you will too. Of her.

No comments:
Post a Comment