Saturday 23rd February 2008
So shagged, I hit the ground running as soon as I walked through my front door. Well, not so much running...more like dragging feet with droopy eyes and limp limbs. Clubbing? Not even remotely.
More like seeking refuge at a friend's place, with another friend, while Azim did a late turnaround to JB for petrol, ciggies and the latest copy of Jelita. Petrol for Cooster, ciggies for him, Jelita for my mom. Really. I swear, Jelita (and all forms of M'sia mags) confuses me. Malay too power, I cannot angkat.
Anyway, normally, I don't mind being left at home with Phatt while Azim does these gas/cig/mag quickies but this time, I needed more than a furry smelly cat to keep me company. I needed reinforced companionship and blessed I was to have it in the form of two friends I've not seen for the longest time.
Blessed I was that they would be up all night, pumping their creative juices with skilful hands. Blessed I was that one of them called me yesterday evening, rindu ke? Blessed I was to be granted a raincheck to pop by where they were, anytime I was free that evening, an offer I gladly accepted immediately.
Apart from me having not seen them for ages (too many missed meetups!), me owing them some really overdue stuff and me needing to unload some other overdue stuff, I also needed to cash that raincheck because I'm currently a bit freaked. Wait....very freaked. You see, I'm currently surfing the crimson wave with Aunt Flo. And I just heard a vividly narrated momok story about Kak Pon during dinner. Rumour has it, these two ladies, Aunt Flo and Kak Pon, seem to have a convenient connection. As action terror as I am most times, I don't really want to confirm a rumour of this nature, at this time.
*shudders*
So I got Azim to drop me off at W&F Headquarters before he sped off to JB. Two hours later, I was back on his back and we were heading back home, me not freaked anymore but very entertained. Thank goodness for Rini, Hana and their healthy list of baking orders! T'was a pleasure, ladies, buat lagi!
So training today, or rather, yesterday (Friday) was quite a killer and having only slept a grand total of five hours the night before (Thursday!), I was pretty much dripped drained dry when I got home late yesterday afternoon. Sleep would have been orgasmic. I didn't think I'd sleep any later than 7pm but clearly, now I'm wrong.
As soon as I got home from training, Azim and Shuk just got back themselves from the Airshow, famished and fatigued from a day in the sunshine with flying machines. So, being the good wife and sister-in-law that I really really am, I fixed them a hearty home-cooked meal brought them to my mother's house for dinner after a quick shower and a change of superhero spandex. It was then, during dinner, when Shuk generously regaled us with his latest sighting of our old friend Kak Pon at one of her stomping grounds, Jalan Bahar.
And there go my nerves again as I recall the whole thing. Why did I have to do that? Here?! Now!? With Azim already asleep?! Which brings me to why I'm shagged and shaken but I'm still swiftly tapping keys instead of slowly losing consciousness.
Sleep-deprived brains deplete cells rapidly, I heard. I guess that's why.
That's another rumour I wouldn't want to confirm so......good night one and all!

2 comments:
kak raihan,
its bin very lama eh. anws, its very reassuring 4 me personally to know that there are other who are just as penakut as i am. hehehehe....
i can be beerani on normal days but once i start hearing all them rumours, start lah jadi penakut.
oh well....
Liz
I want to know I want to know!!!
Lets go ghost hunting yok!=D
Post a Comment