Raya Ramblings

Tuesday 16th October 2007

So, merrygoers, how goes your Raya?

Ours is officially over, I think.

Why?

Well, Hari Raya Day One, we were in black. I know you know that. I just wanted to state the obvious.

Hari Raya Day Two, we were like a pair of purple bruises. Errr...because we were decked out in purple.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Errr...okay...mostly purple. Purple main theme lah, hokay?

Hari Raya Days Three and Four?

The only colours we worried and will worry about these days and surely the days hereafter are the colours we will finally have on our kitchen cabinet doors. And on our bathroom tiles. And on the bedroom walls. And on the study room shelves. Aaarrggh.....in short, we have become obsessed about what colours we will finally have on EVERYTHING in our house! And the only visiting we did these past two days were to showrooms, storerooms and fake bedrooms so posh I almost puked!

Yet, I am aware, keeping in mind my refusal to budge from my eternal fixation on certain things (like chic lit and Legolas), despite all my big dreams of having a house bursting with vibrant shades of the rainbow, I'll probably just cave and have everything in white.

So anyway, you probably have a clear idea how belom jadi our house is at this point. No thanks to us being kind enough to let the tenants have a month more than they should while they scout for a new-place to suit their very anal-retentive needs. No thanks to the previous owners of our flat, who obviously liked outdated cheesy decor (think rock-wall in strong hues and blue-tinged window panes!). Therefore, don't expect any meh..jemputlah datang rumah invites coming out of our mouths this Raya!

Though Azim and I did warmly welcome my dear dear friend Hartini and her husband Colin, who insisted on visiting our half-baked home, in all its messy glory yesterday afternoon, Hari Raya Day Three. Despite repeated warnings about post-hurricane style arrangement of our stuff, the faint scent of our ex-tenants still occasionally wafting past nostrils and basic (and ugly!) furniture only bought previously to accommodate said tenants' requests (with aforementioned scent included!), these dearies still came over anyway and by default, became our very first Raya visitors!

In spite of myself and my end-of-Raya-start-of-Reno state of mind, I got quite excited about them coming over. So much so that I forgot to take pictures!

And now, with the clock striking nearly midnight, Azim and I are waiting for the arrival of another couple who also insisted on coming over to our house for Raya. And yes, I did give them the same warnings I gave Hartini and Colin.

But Hetty and Amir memang degil also. Thus, they are on their way here as I type this seated in front of Azim's Mac which is placed on an empty wooden crate. Yes, a wooden crate.

*sigh*

I miss having proper furniture! My furniture! Can the renovation start already so it can end like, tomorrow?!

Haiyyah! Apa nak buat? Sabar menanti lah horrr!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

raihan, where's ur house located at?

selamat hari raya aidilfitri to both of you!

Anonymous said...

then *i'll* say, "meh..jemputlah datang rumah!" and makan kacang. nevermind that there's also a hurricane in da house called aniq. :)

hope to see u this raya!

Anonymous said...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA GAL!... SENANG SENANG JEMPUTLAH DATANG TO MY HOUSE AT PUNGGOL WITH YOUR MUM AND NENEK .. FROM KAK ITA KHAJWEDDING

Novastarr said...

I also have a fixation on legolas and his long golden hair, wiry frame and so sexy ears...haiz...*super sigh*

Ooopsss! I am sidetracking...my purpose is to wish you and Azim, Eid Mubarak! Muacccks beyoutiful!