Singapore vs. Iraq.
What can I say?
It began like this....

...but it did not end like that.
Let's just say, at the end of it all, us Singaporeans looked on the bright side and concluded that we were happy that we made the Iraqis happy last night. I mean, in case you didn't notice...ermm...unhappy Iraqis doth not a Disney movie make? And hey, it was surprising and heartening to see that there were more than six of us Singaporeans yesterday. Even though the cheery Iraqis nearly filled up half the stadium and we filled up nearly a tenth of the...erm...grandstand, I hardly ever felt prouder when I sang the national anthem before kickoff, hokay?! Even Abang Zack turned up with his posse, despite it being the kids' school night and his birthday. There we were, all prepared to be like a bunch of cheering smurfs in the sea of Iraqis, with our red and white clappers and semut voices and suddenly, out popped at least three more Singporean families, with kids in tow, to add power to the numbers.
-And can I just say, Aide Iskandar (whom Sadin once lovingly called MukaTomato) just gets cuter as he gets older?-
Anyway, even though the match did not have a favourable outcome for Singapore, let's give one for the boys. Well, one for our hardy Singapore boys ....

and one for our happy Singapore Dubai boys.....






...who started and ended the road trip with much excitement, enthusiasm and energy to support our Singapore boys. They were uncharacteristically patriotic and I was so proud to see some kind of national pride in them, especially in my darling husband, who normally remains deadpan and apathetic to many things Singaporean.
And the girls?
Well, one wife had a flight (Rashid's wife, Lin), one wife does not exist yet (Amir's wife...erm...unnamed..so girls, Amir is single!!) and so only two wives were on the roadtrip...

....but our reasons to be there were a little bit different from our boys. I mean, Rainy's reason to come on this roadtrip to watch the match was to accompany me and I must admit, my reason to go on this road trip was to relive some good ol' memories and size up the upsized calves and upjacked butts most footballers seem to cultivate on their beings. Not that my Azim takde nie semua laah, he does but...alaah sayang my honey Azim babushuknya....you know you're my one and only man kan?! Heh.
Serously, I wanted to watch this match to somehow remember my late father. It was him who used to drag me to all those Malaysia cup matches (even all the way out to Merdeka Stadium, Stadium Shah Alam and all tau!!) and tried to korek a football fan out of me. He would explain to me who is who (Abbas Saad and Alistair Edwards were not the same person), what is what (freekick does not mean I nor anyone of the spectators can freely have a go and kick the ball on the field) and where is where (the playing area for the footballers ends where the white lines are drawn....not at the stadium entrance). He would make me clad myself in red and white (I had a pair of red Guess jeans, for the love of LKY!). Yes...he loved football with a passion (Siti Nurhaliza pon kalah here ok!). He suceeded in converting me into a football fan, somewhat. Or wait....does footballer fan count? One particular footballer? Yes..I was a fan of one particular footballer then. Siapa yang tak tahu dan nak tahu, I was in love with Nazri Nasir. Big fan. In love. Nak kahwin punya love ah dulu!! Nevermind that he was 25 and I was 15. Nevermind that he had uber-hot, fair-skinned kuniang SIA stewardess girlfriend whom he eventually married and would never ever ever take a second glance at hockey-tanned-teenager-tomboy-with-glasses-that-look-like-TV-screens ol' Raihan Slenger. Nevermind that my mother will skin my brown ass alive should I really confirm nak kahwin when I was 15, if by some demented braindead moment, Nazri Nasir dumped hot SIA girl for tak-hot-langsong CGS girl. Nevermind all that. I still had hope. I was in love. (Note the past tense ah?! )
Nevermind. :P
Anyway, whatever our reasons were to go tripping, we had fun. So much fun. Too much fun, I actually felt guilty.....this time being Ramadan and all that abstinence being clearly absent as I cheered myself hoarse, laughed myself happy and jiggy-ed myself silly.

Thanks a bunch, boys and..uhh...girl!
PS: More pics will be up once I get my voice and sanity back. Bah.

18 comments:
alah its okla that they lost at least you guys were there cheering them on rather than some of us singaporeans who are slacking it off over here :D
heii I see my cousin's hubby rashid! He da jadi one of the gang ker?dats great kan?I so miss my cousin Lin... *sighs*
and I dint know dat singaporean emirate guys are so BLOODY HANSEM AND COOL la...lyk DUH?!
and dat includes my hubby's gay partner aite :D
nazri nasir stealer!!!!!!!!!!
he was so mine lorr and anyway nazri and nazreen sounds nicer lorrr lorr lorrr
COMMENTS DA BALIK!!! COMMENTS DA BALIK!!!! *raises hands, exposes freshly waxed ketiak AND does a Un woman kallang wave!!*
LOL!!
Nazri Nasir is ok la..heh I kinda liked Abbas Saad cause ang moh mah..=D
And woman, HOW come you always seem to be getting prettier?!! LOL!
=P
u can be quite the hilarious one wen u want too ey, raihan... super duper cutey la awak..heh.. anyway.. which one is Amir.. the single one?? I can fly up to dubz and he wont be single for long. heh.. shameless i noe.. oh well..
Take care ya raihan.
frm kiken
Hiya.. I hve been reading your blog since the "war" haha.. seriously.. some ppl just need to move on and stop harping :)
Nieway.. just love the way you write, power lak!.. your england very the powderful.
Take care girl and God Bless :).
Saly
hi raihan
i've been reading u since early this year. u are truly a character..an interesting one. azim must be always entertained by ur antics eh? haha. glad to see u hv a comment box now! everytime i read a post of urs, mesti nak komen tapi no way to and im too shy to send u email!
this time my comment is u're looking prettier now and ur sense of style is very good! everything u wear looks good on u and ur outfits are well put together! i hv a question abt ur multiply pictures..one of ur pics u pakai a pair of white shoes..very nice. may i ask where u got them from as the white on that shoe match the baju i am wearing for raya this year.
thanks and thumbs up, bebe! live on life the way u always seem to live..LIVELY!
aahhh...your "able to comment" are back!
You're looking good, girl.
Semakin seksy, seh..
Yes, abt the bola...Back in 1992, when i was doing my SQ training, whenever the class ends, my whole batch would buy the tickets to support our boys against the Malaysian teams...during the Malaysia Cup days lah.
We even took photos with Michael Vanna..who was always at the spectators seat watching every singapore's match.
YEAY LINKED!!
*huggies*
ouh, you're so recollecting the malaysia cup era, eh?
dah tak boleh lawan ah, girl. those era was good!
shireen-emirates guys have always been a good looking bunch (ahem ahem to my own husband!!). espcially the singaporean guys..even the chinese singaporean guys are cute ok..should see Azim's chinese singporean "gay partners", the ones he hangs out with sumtimes also before these NEW ones (see above!) came along.....his chinese frens are pretty CUTE ah-bengs (ahem ahem to Ferris, John, Ryan, Mark etc etc..should they read this!) !! Heheh. seriously, even non-emirates people cakap. AND ABOUT RASHID.it took me awhile to figure out he is LIN'S HUBBY! Coz everytime I'm around, Lin not around so I thought I've never met Rashid's wife..padahal.after much korek-korek I realize it's LIN! And I've not only met her..I've flown with her, ok?! Wahlau..AND AND Rashid's buddy in Singapore is BASRIL..who is Malique's cuzzen kan?! The world's too small..too small!! But good! Got frens! Yeap...they're all part of a GENG now ok...even got a group name and all..and believe this or not..THEY WANNA MAKE MATCHING TEESHIRTS!! I hear GEEKDOM beckoning...heheh.
nazreen...it's only coz i lup u much much that's why i am not even going to consider kicking ur pretty ass for saying that. coz i know and u know who nazri nasir truly belongs to...me. cuma aku dah tak nak ajer...heheheh.
---------------
diyana....Abbas Saad ang-moh ke? I thought he was arab sesat mat salleh passport ajer...hehe. but he was cute ahh?! *swoon* i feel like a schoogirl again gushing over these zaman gemilang hotties. and hmmm..i'm getting prettier?? thanks hor....kau mesti tengah demam posa kan kan kan??
and yes, u're linked...baru akak teringat nak link u ah..
----------------------
kiken....i'm cute and hilarious kapaaa....
*next stop, KEMBANGAN STATION*
u is making me blush and that's not good...when i "blush" i take on a sickly shade of maroon. heh. but thanks for saying such nice thing..:)
and amir is the one in BLACK. rest assured..the pictures of the boys dun lie so yeap..he is cute in person too. heh. so..got ur flight ticket to dubai yet? after raya lah..heheh..member leaving for singapore tomorrow on raya leave.Heh. ok babe.u take care too. :) :) :)
-----------------
farfalla..wow wat a LONG comment. first up..thanks for kind words about me..again..
*next stop KEMBANGAN STATION*
ok..then hor..dun shy shy...kita semua hidop mesti tak tau malu. betol tak bedek. and the white shoes..which one exactly? from which album?? u see, I am A BIG FAN of WHITE stuff...so I think in my pictures, I have worn three pairs of white shoes. specify which album and i'll let u noe k? instead of me listing all. heh. till then..TAKE CARE AWAK! :)
----------------------
AKAK SHARINNA MAK FYNNA!!! thanks hor for thinking i look good....u pulak..what's new..always hotness but where have u been laah...never see u on MSN. :P
AND AND oooh..korang pergi tengok bola during SQ training eh?!?!? itu macam ka?? THAT must be how NN met his WIFE LAH!! hahahah...kalau aku tau that time I try for SQ sey...even though during NN's time I was still in SECONDARY SKOOL HAHAHAHAH!!
Ok...Raihan dah start merepek.
Selamat Hari Raya.
--------------------------
lizanoor...Yeap..final score 4-2..HEARTPAIN...tapi takper..i believe kita kasi dorang chance..... :)
monaco is NICE. and u dun specifically have to be ONLY in monaco..u can stay one place for one day..then take the train to other equally beautiful places..like Marseilles, Naples..etc..and no,I takde anymore pics on Nice..we didn't really explore nice.. next time maybe k?
---------------------------------
mahd...OF COURSE tak boleh lawan....it was an exciting era for local football..more exciting than now ah...i wish singapore will rejoin the race for M'sia Cup..it'll be a refreshing change esp with all the underrated but talented (yes, i do believe that they are talented!!)LOCAL (and I mean Singapore-born-and-bred) players we have. (man, am I PATRIOTIC OR WAT?!?!?).
---------------------------------
k. da bis.
oh dah bole comment lah.
baik ah!
ok...i saw rashid.
tat nursy boy's rugby mates.
aku kenal tu rosman jugak.
tak tahu dia kenal aku lagi tak.
ok...so r u goin to balik raya tis yr.
if yes, aku nak saman kau lah.
tak ya post2 ah.
jumpa bawah blk sudah.
Raihan. kenalkan aku to those guys lah..*wink*
eh ehh. boleh komen! best.
aniq is sniffling. no no, not coz of the haze. he misses u. truly. betol tak bedek.
ok laaah, bedek! it's the b$%#& haze, grrrr.
but u will be in his memory during raya coz we'll prolly tog him out in that white thingy u gave him when he was born. erm. i *think* he can still fit in it. neymind, i will sumbat him in it nevertheless.
bila balik?? kita nak jalan raya tau. this one betol tak bedek. ada mango cheesecake menanti. dun worry, your runner up Ketuhar Idol reject, ie. me, isn't the one baking it.
lup lup
makaniq
men and balls...me like, me like..esp single ones...LAGI me like....
men and balls, men and balls, ARGH! *gotta focus on the kids*
kak raihan, stop posting pics of gorgeous single men on ur blog, sil vous plait! I need to concentrate on my students, merci!
hehe
selamat hari raya kak raihan..take care..and enjoy ur lebaran yar..
kak raihan, salam lebaran!
have a gr8 time with ur loved ones!
ciao
hehe finally i can comment. love to read abt ur misadventures haha entertaining..anyway kalo u drop by brisbane between now til dec..drop me a tag n we meet up ok?
babe..u were there? lamak kita slalu seliseh jalan ahh..abg zack pun kol us n we confirmed going tapi last minute hubby kena keje..it will be great sey if kita terbump (ur butt n mine).. hihihi..junesky.
Post a Comment