This is me. Right here. Right now.

Picture courtesy of the not-too-shabby webcammie surgically attached to screen of my barely-a-month-old laptop.
Here in my beloved Dubai International Airport. With three hundred other weary travellers. With three thousand hours of sleep debt. With three brown bags -my big travel shoulder bag and my two bigger eyebags.
After seven hours of waiting. Waiting for something or nothing to happen. Looking suitably raped, rogol-ded and romos-ded by the undeniably flimsy schedule of air travel. Looking like I'd rather be somewhere else (well...I'd really rather be with Lahore-bound Azim at that point!). Looking kinda dead, I must admit. Waiting, waiting, waiting for something or nothing to happen.
And then, when something was going to happen, something didn't happen so nothing happened. Did I just confuse you? No? Coz I confused myself. But bottom line is....take-off at 9.30am tak jadi jugak. Take-off further delayed till 10.45 am. Grand total of waiting time in airport with last night's underwear and yesterday's outfit will tally at nine by the time we are allowed to board and take-off. Should they want to round it off to ten, I will not stop short of streaking (and yes, I mean naked!) down the travellator just to get myself moving. As I have just whined to Hartini on MSN a few seconds earlier, this abundance of waiting time is totally uncalled for.... Raihan garok pantat puas-puas pon tak cukop. Pardon the crude Malay. In fact, pardon me altogether. Not guilty. Gatal aje.
Gatal to reach Singapore.
I am void of any desire to actually blog but as we all know, I cannot resist free wireless. Free wireless shalt never be wasted. Like free food. Or free Prada shoes.
And then, my Ixus got jealous of my laptop's tiny webcammie. So it ran amok.










Oh wait. Sorry. I ran amok. Not Ixus.
(.............................................)
Now, they're calling for boarding. Just when I've comfortably set-up camp outside Gate 21.
At times like these, I'd really rather be the stewardess.

No comments:
Post a Comment