Taking A Moment

Wednesday 19th July 2006

When the time came for me to grow up, I think I severely procrastinated. And now I'm serving time for my crime. With all my emotions in motion, in tandem and in place. And Happiness happily leading the way, most times. And when Sadness takes over sometimes, I know I am not alone.

Syukur Alhamdullilah.

The lessons You taught me were nothing I would have applied for but were everything I needed to know about. The friends and family I've gained, lost, loved and liked. The things I acquired, accosted and accorded for the different aspects in my life. The junctures of my life I was not prepared for but You threw me into the deep end anyway. The things I've said in pride, the tears I've cried in pain, the slander I've spat in anger and the hope I've confessed in love. The places I've been and the people I've seen. What I know versus what I don't know.

And all that I don't have to know.

My life is nothing like I thought it would be ten years ago. But it is everything I need now.

And then some, I hope.

No comments: