Happy Birthday Mummy!!

Thursday 27th July 2006

I don't understand all this hype over Superman.

I know someone better. Someone who is stronger, has more powers and is way better looking. And yes, I know her personally. Yes, this someone is a woman. And she's my Superwoman.

She's my mother. And today's her birthday.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


When I arrived, you shed a tear
It hurt like hell, for that I'm sure
I'm sorry that it caused much pain
And yet, you did it twice again


So three of us came out from you
But I was first (and favourite too!)
You loved me well, so filled with pride
And when I bad, you tanned my hide


You taught me that the good and kind
Would give me all the love I'd find
At first I listened not to that
And looked for only all that's sad


People look at me and wonder
Can this really be Shaikha's daughter?
Shaikha's beauty, patience and smile
Cannot be found in my profile


Your eversweet soft gentle voice
I used to just dismiss as noise
Is now my soothing calming hymn
And all is changed to good from grim


And as I grow and as I know
Of what I was, the sodding sow
The pain, the tears, the shit I caused
And all the good values I lost


I don't know if I've made you proud
I know I've made you cry aloud
The years have passed and now I'm me
A good daughter, if that's to be.


I'll carry your love with quiet pride
Will live my life with you inside
Where I might be, where I might fly
I'll never ever make you cry


Now that I'm married and spoken for
By your nod to him whom I adore
See, as I live, as I get older
I'm still that baby in that stroller.



Happy Birthday, Mummy Dearest!!
(And Mummy, I'm sure you'd give ANYTHING for me to turn back into that cute little lump of flesh in a bonnet in that picture, right?)



PS: Yes, everyone, that cute little lump of flesh in a bonnet was me. Believe or not.

No comments: