You & Your Mouth vs Me & My Mouth

Saturday 24th June 2006

Ordinarily, I'd keep mum.

After all, this whole soap opera does not even involve me, as far as I know. And as far as I am, out here in Doobies the biggest construction site in the world (scary but true!), I am not even geographically interesting enough to be involved. However, this is as far as I know only, hokay? I will not be surprised if somehow, someway, somewhere, this someone opens her trap and involves me. And that's when heads will roll.

Nonetheless, I'm sufficiently revolted to let it out just a teeny-weeny bit. It's too much, this behind-the-scenes thing that's going on.

You.

Yes, you. Whether you read this or not, this is for you. People who have never tried to hurt you are getting hurt. People who want to hurt you were already hurt by you to begin with. And the best part is , you hurt with a smile. And most people believe that smile and dismiss the pain so very easily. You should quit that civil servant job of your wildest dreams and offer overpriced private practice trauma counselling or something. Laku punya! Even if the trauma was caused by you. :P

You're just too much, you know? You put on such a beautiful face up front but behind us all, you sneer and you jeer and even your best bloody friend is not spared. You think the rest of us are not as good as you. You think that we're peasants and you're the queen. You think just because you're all this and you're all that and you're up there and you're with all the bling and the bang-bang and the baby, you rock all our worlds. You think you have one less pimple than she does, your teeth shiny like Homer Simpson's bald spot and your lips redder than a baboon's ass, you're set for life and the rest of us imperfect miscreants are just little bits of fluff to cushion your pretty little ass. You think but you don't see, do you?

Best I can give you is that, you're still a child. Yes, I was shocked when I knew of what you have been up to with your little mouth. Yes, we all shoot off at the mouth too and we all also say things that we regret later and we all also bitch like there's no tomorrow too but we don't pretend we're angels. We don't pretend we are wholesome goodness high-fibre Gardenia bread. We don't pretend butter wouldn't melt in our mouths. But you...oh you...you are oh so good and you are oh so baik and you are (but of course!) the world's favourite public perfection but when the persona is shed, all I can see now is something even I would be ashamed of. And I am someone who is quite tak tau malu, you know?! Heh.

Yes, you're still a child. I know I'm not one to scoff at someone else and say this so liberally, with my childish whinings and my immature gripings and my still macam-budak-kecik punya perangai sometimes but hey, it takes one to know one, kan?!And you think you are steps ahead with your other half and your little half/halves but it's undeniable that you're still so.....young. But seriously, darling, to call you childish would be an insult to children the world over.

And because I respect the person who told me this and I respect so many other people who would be affected by this, I will just blow off this little bit of steam here and I'll move along. I'll carry on like I should and should I ever see you when I am in Singapore, I'd smile a smile that will match yours. As fake as yours, my dear. Fake begets fake, no?

And underneath that fake smile, I have three earth-shatterng words that will shake with the world with the power of the absolute truth of what I really really REALLY want to say to you.







"Go f*ck spider."

No comments: