Now. Let's rant.
Yesterday was as stim kering a day as a stim kering day can get. Plans went off, went on, went off and went on as swiftly fickle as Britney Spear's wedding ring. First up, it didn't help that I was wearing my hot new cowboy boots and was first-first feeling pretty fabulous and rather action terror. It didn't help that then, the boots caused a blister on my fleshy calf. Yes, the calf...where normal people never get blisters from footwear but I developed a stinkin' sore, no help needed! So my action-cool swagger turned into a stunted shuffle, which didn't help when we planned to collect our chosen first-year anniversary gifts but realized there was this other place with suspiciously better prices which thus caused us to go into a freaking frenzy of making sure we were not cheated by greedy little commission-driven mamas. So we walked here, walked there, walked up, walked down BurJuman (with that growing blister on my calf!) only to find a nice little suited Paris Gallery mama offering us the best price we've heard so far but he would only have the items available the next day. Which didn't help that we planned to leave Dubai for our birthday/anniversary holiday today but would have to push back things a wee bit because Azim didn't think it was appropriate that we only receive our anniversary gifts after the 20th so we are now, only leaving Dubai tomorrow. Which then helped a bit coz I have yet to finish packing and am at my wit's end with deciding what to bring for our little getaway. Then it doesn't help that I am I thisclose to strapping my shoe cupboard unto my trolley bag. And besides my packing woes and my supernatural blistered calf, it so didn't help that yesterday evening, after much walking, we went to our favourite sushi place in Dubai to satisfy my craving for miso, torro, unagi, agideshi tofu and hamachi. And were sorely (sore nothing to do with blister!) disappointed when the normally puas-hati handrolls, maki and sashimi were mere slivers of the Japanese palatable pride. Which then didn't help things much as Azim lost his cool (he is very anal about quality Japanese food!) and told the chef off for compromising quality for obvious cost-control since the eaterie was one of our all-time favourites and was quite a nice place to sit, chill and turn into sumo-wrestlers by the fabulous (and last time puas-hati!) sushi on the menu. And the whole day, it didn't help that my heart was still not settled, I have yet to be redeemed and my last message did not get a reply. I have nothing left to say. What is there left to say that would be viable? And my other headache, which also didn't help things much, is that I have not had the private opportunity to collect Azim's birthday presents. Yes, it doesn't help when one gets married on one's birthday and one's spouse's birthday. One would assume buy one big present enough already. One would be wrong. Kena buy two seperate gifts, hokay? One gift chosen together and would best be chosen matching-matching couple-couple as that would be the anniversary gift. One gift chosen undercover and kept secret till the big day itself as that would be the birthday one. And above all else, it doesn't help that I have a massive migraine which shows no sign of abating and I am one of them weirdos allergic to paracetemol so I hold both my hands up and I proclaim, whichever way the river flows, the deadwood, like me, will float along so I will just let it all.....
........flow.
Penat ah pantat!
*excuse my

No comments:
Post a Comment