Brace yourselves.
I'd like to take a moment to expose my closet adoration of Victoria Caroline "Posh Spice" Adams/Beckham.

I do. I adore her.
Not because she's married to a hot international soccer player with overflowing coffers. (I already got my own Beckham -Babushuknya!- sans international soccer player status and sans overflowing coffers but very very hot...if not, hotter!)
Not because she's got three adorable little boys and still has a figure to die for. (I also can ah if I want children now! Careful family planning and anal diet planning are all it takes!)
Not because she's got a million Birkin bags in various colours and sizes. (I've gotten over my delusions of ever owning a real Hermes Birkin and have since settled for a lesser-priced another impressive designer Birkin-inspired one so anyone who owns a real Birkin, Raihan dah tak heran ah....tak sakit hati anymore.)
Not because she is Roberto Cavalli's close friend and muse and gets to chill on his custom-made yacht. ( I am happy with my regular, non-designer, non-millionaire and non-make-for-me-my-own-haute-couture-gowns friends...I am. They is nice enough.)
Not because she could afford to buy for her husband a Rolls-Royce Phantom. (My husband does not need a Phantom. Do you, honey?)
Not because she can't really sing but still had the guts to come up with a solo album. (So? I have the guts to do more shit than that, thank you very much!)
Not because of all that. No. Really. Betol. Tak bedek.
But because the girl's got really style ah! And I like. And oh....today's her birthday. Three days before mine. Cool or what?! April babies rock, I tell ya!
Happy Birthday, my style file! I know there isn't even the tiniest possibility that she'll see this at all and buy me a Phantom or let me have one of them Birkins but I'd just like to pay homage to this one person on her birthday who actually (really..I read in her autobiography!) has a big nose, spotty skin, a terrible voice, a failed solo singing career, a husband with a reportedly roving eye (but who can really believe that shit in the tabloids!), a son who goes into epileptic fits (Poor little Romeo!)...amongst other shitty sucky stuff but who has always tried to make the best happen, even in the worst times, no matter what, who, when and where. Something I should learn how to accomplish myself, instead of whining, griping and feeling goddamn sorry for myself for everything sucky that happens to me.
I heard she's also got quite a mouth on her, should you step on her toes too hard. Nice.
Yeap, it's out in the open now...I adore Victoria Beckham. I do.
Again, pitchforks grinding? Grind all you want.
Good on ya, Vic!

No comments:
Post a Comment