So I was in Singapore.
For a fleeting freaking minute, it felt like.
Everything went by in a dodgy blur and I did not even bother resting for a bit before my return flight to Dubai, so that I can have my time maximized. I thought since I got command of the Gen2 (my kind brother grudgingly passed me the keys..haha!), I could whizz by here and there and do my errands but I thought wrong. As of now, as I sit at my workstation in my Dubai apartment, I still have Singapore things left undone and Singapore people left unmet and Singapore stuff left unbought. And my secret plan of calling upon the henna powers of Jewel of The Marina (Kak M kitaaa!!) to tattoo my whole back (yes, my whole back from my shoulder blades to just around the small of my back!) was put on hold till further notice. As long as it's done before the 20th, I pray and I hope. Kak M, be prepared hor! Heh.
But not everything was in vain. I managed quite a bit, though not a lot. But I managed.

I managed to partake in a little bit of CMK prata and murtabak with my Mummy and my Uncle Baba after I managed to hit Mustafa Center at 2am in the morning to do a bit of shopping for essentials. You know, the usuals..the stuff you can't get in Dubai..like Maggi Chilli Sauce, Green Tea Soft Tofu, pandan leaves, mushroom chips, susu cap teko and the like.

I managed to meet new momma, Hana and her cutie-poo Harith and pass her the stuff she kirim from me and I managed to give her my overdue baby gift (I HOPE you like it, girl!!). Albeit a short,sweet and bawah block meeting, I was taken over by her sweetness and his cuteness. Next time, longer please. I can romos Harith habis-habis!! I also managed to meet Kak SK for a short tete-a-tete over Zappel and her yummy version of Oreo mini-cupcakes at her home to pass her her Lebanese chocolates but she tak mau ambik gambar coz she not ready yet. Sorry ah Kak...next time I will PROMISE not to menjelma in front of your door WIHOUT messaging you of my arrival first.

Finally, I managed to meet SOME of my darling galpals as they made their way down to Carlton and waited for me for two freaking hours as I battled the traffic jams of Singapore. Whilst we caught up in my room before I had to get ready for my return flight, they pored (really really pored) over my pile of magazines (I always bring a pile with me!) and exclaimed in shock and horror at the naked boobs in this month's Cosmo, the gargantuan boobs of Jordan Mrs Peter Andre in this month's Closer and at the cannot-see-where-got boobs of Nicole Richie in this month's Vogue. We also (sempat!!) told each other pontianak stories and other supernaturals. And by the end of it all, it was all I could do not to stuff them all into my Samsonite and bring them home to Dubai so I won't miss them so much. :( Love you dolls much much.

And then, I managed to fathom, once again, the real reason of coming home, the warm fuzzy feeling, the hearts and butterflies, the sunshine after the rain, the huge plush sofa in a lavender-scented room.

It's when you manage to have a family to welcome you home and send you off with ardent prayers in their hearts, love in their smiles and unrelenting worry in their hugs.
Singapore trips. Always a pain in the light of its pleasure.

No comments:
Post a Comment