One chilly London morning, I set out into London's wilderness with my Azim.

We were clad in black (and dark browns, blues and greys) so we needed more colour. And we got colour.

And it was all on Portobello Road and Notting Hill. Where our favourite movie came to life and renewed desires for classic cars, colourful homes and cold, cold weather set our hearts on fire. Coupled with my new obsession with Zara Home and Azim's amazing extended knowledge on the gorgeous classics of the 60's and the 70's, we were quite sufficiently inspired (but insufficiently financed!!) to move into our dream Notting Hill townhouse and become a snooty Notting Hill citizen. Heh. Inspired aje..itu duit nanti boleh cakap!?!
And one chilly London evening, I set out into another part of London's wilderness with my Azim. This time, to Oxford Circus.
To meet my old friend, Mr Zulqarnain Sharif. The bitchiest Singapore Airlines GS I have ever met. Heh. Not that I've met many lah.

And I introduced my old friend to my new life.

Ok..ok...not so new lah....yesterday, marked ten months since I started living my "new life" as Azim's wife.
Five years of not seeing him proved moot. He looked like him when I first saw him that many years ago when I was still a poly pansy and he was a relatively new crewie. Did not age one bit! And yet men don't have as many age-defying skincare gook as women do. Another one of life's unending mysteries.
And we talked of people we knew and the people they knew, we talked of Lebanese girls and how hot (or not!) they are, we talked of Singapore, Dubai and the rest of the world. Azim and him talked of NS days, reservist nights and unbelievable kengs. In short, we talked so much, they smoked so much and it was too much for us to squeeze in two hours so we parted ways after the sun had set and he walked us back to the train station before he walked himself back to his hotel.
All in all, with my Azim constantly rubbing my head to clear away the cold raindrops that, according to him, might make me sick, the Notting Hill rendesvous with the old cars, the Portobello Market offerings with the old stuff and the Carnaby Street chill-out coffee with the old friend, this has got to be one of the best London trips ever.
And of course, the most colourful.

Still in Notting Hill mood...
*puts Notting Hill movie soundtrack in player*

No comments:
Post a Comment