Thursday 26th January 2006
Trying to achieve the impossible sometimes leaves complications so dire, one is compelled to run amok in the streets in later stages of undress with varying levels of logic.
Dividing my senses between a long flight to Lagos, in Nigeria, where we were personally escorted from the aircraft to our crew bus to our crew hotel (so that we won't be "threatened" or something to that effect), and a short flight to Kuwait, where the rich Arab men in their tailor-made egaals, gutras and khonduras, reeked of packed black gold coffers, I am a fraction of myself now- mind,body and soul.
Coupled with dealing with a couple of overgrown children, a few silly catfights and a small flock of vultures, I have not garnered much inspiration as of now to start on my first essay assignment ("But buat blog post boleh eh?!!"-nagged Azim), which will be due on the 4th of February. A 1500-word essay to describe something's relationship with some other things or something like that. That's as far as I know at the moment. I embrace my old friend, Procrastinate. We're going to be hanging out with hot twins, Sloth and Slumber. A pyjama party on a one-way ticket to hell.
But I'm okay. The previous ugly episode was merely a fleeting fuck-up, now as stale as PCK's boots and as useless as someone's third nipple. Like my girl, AnnaM, I usually come out on the other side of the tunnel, usually unscathed and ready to rumble. Don't we, AnnaM? Twenty-four years of a life less ordinary gave me a resilience that no one, not even you and you, can take away from me. Not that I think you two are much of a farce to be reckoned with. Yes, farce, not force. Misspelling intended, thank you very much.
And then I have my curly-haired Hero Melayu Babushuknya to kiss all the little boo-boos away. For everything else, I am in my little bubble. It's opague, it's sound-proof and it's unprickable, baby.
And no, I won't streak in the streets. Was a bit delirious when I started this post and announced my almost-nude tendencies. So don't believe can? Don't want to be showing people my "sushi", now, would I?
"Sushi" in my apartment, can already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment