Sunday, 25th December 2005
If it is not obvious enough, I am still in Dubai. Not in Singapore, as I would have desired.
My swap did not come through for me yet again and I am missing another wedding as we speak. I have been sulking since morning. Especially after I sent Azim to Briefing for his Bombay flight, which left me all alone as I drove back home in a dour mood. I even flashed the bird at an errant fellow driver. I never do that. I am usually the sweetest driver within a mile's road stretch.
Already I was feeling shitty for missing Diah's and Misa's wedding and now, Abang Gee's. My Abang Gee, who made me laugh sampai I terkencing, who always accompanied me to various pig-out sessions at various parts of Singapore, who always told the Mediacorp canteen makcik to give me extra servings of lauk lemak ayam (which resulted in my 60kg frame once!), who made sure my 21st birthday bash did not get dashed, who carried all my presents for me the day after, as we walked all the way to Changi General Hospital to visit a certain blogger I knew from way back then, when she was hospitalized eons ago.
I know Abang Gee would understand. He won't hold it against me. Nonetheless, I am still wrought with guilt for not attending his wedding whereby to attend mine, he took urgent leave and got someone to cover his timeslot
I couldn't even take urgent leave. I've used up all my 35 leave days (including those five days they gave me as "matrimonial leave" that week in April this year..ahem!) and I am skint now. My first 2006 batch of leave days has already been allocated for my wedding anniversary/Azim's 27th birthday/ my 25th birthday. Yeah...we need a whole two weeks to execute what we are planning for our first year anniversary. Okay, now my spirits are lifting a little...heh.
Will be leaving for Perth in a few hours but I still have no inspiration to pack. Heck, I'm still in my sleepthings and it's already 4 pm here. Will have to pick Azim up in awhile and rest a bit (if at all!) before the super-long flight to the other side of the world.
And now, I'm bumming hard again.
Excuse me while I hurl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment