The United States of Raihan: Part Deux

Wednesday, 7th September 2005

What can I say, my dear?

You have excelled at your own wretchedness. Bask in your triumph now, bury your ass in your glory. Even Dumbledore's Army wouldn't stand a chance with your cauldron.

I won't say another word anymore for anyone. I have said I'm taking a backseat and I'm not sliding over now, just because I've been flogged unfairly. And if I would have really said all that that certain someone has said, more people would have been outraged by the words that other someone said about certain other people. Whatever I did say, I had in mind, a good, albeit lost, cause. Whatever that means to whoever.

But I will be here. Not going anywhere at anytime. I know people who know better. And Anons (Old & New), come have your field day. Take your best shot. Lash your best lie. Indulge in your best insult. Hit me, baby, one more time.

If you must know, courage is just well-concealed fear.

And this stewardess used to fear flying.

Heh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being back in Dubai after a whirlwind of a week away and nothing much I wanted done was done. Upon reaching Singapore, I rested well day one, attended my Siti's solemnization day two, went into surgery day three, attended Siti's wedding reception day four, got affected by side-effects of medication day five and wrapped up most of what I could wrap up day six. I couldn't even take the chill pill I planned to take. Sorry, sorry.

Maybe next time. Maybe at a better time.

Maybe, baby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siti, your wedding's up next. After my Karachi, I'll get cracking with the pics and the post. So that Kak Lin can have a looksee. I won't say anything about the wedding (and the most significant and amazing fact of it) yet till the pics are up.

Mad Noor, I regret to say I lost ALL the pics I took at your wedding when I had to totally reboot my laptop a few weeks ago. Since then, I have been contacting people I sighted (and knew previously) at your wedding to see if anyone can offer me any visual aid. Apart from some dodgy mobile phone shots, I couldn't get anything substantial and I'm so sorry. After my last Singapore trip and I still didn't get anything, I've since given up. I couldn't bring myself to put up a post of your wedding without any pictures. Are your own pics ready? Can I have one? Just one good one? Please?

One tagger on my blog mentioned having a picture of the RIA team and I at one event we did at AJC to promote the college's Malay Society drama.

""
i was looking thru my old pics...saw u in one of my photos!
taken in 2002...the Ria crew (led by abg burhan) came to my sch AJC to do a promo for our drama production...we all took a grp pic tgr. nice!

# posted by LadyInRed : 23/8/05 5:54 PM
""

You did not leave a link so I can't trace you. Could you please e-mail that pic (or pics) to me at raihanrusselland@hotmail.com coz I'd like to have it. Heh. It's me, in RIA, in eternal Malay-speaking mode and at a hefty mass of 60 kilograms. Yes, I was once 60 kilos. Mampat, you!Woo-hoo....e-mail hor?! Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, time to get rid of jet lag. Some people get excited over a 30-minute flight to Singapore from daerah-daerah yang sewaktu dengannya. I just came back from a 420-minute flight. You'd think I'd be orgasmic by now. Go figure.

I honestly feel like a recently unpacked Fed-Ex delivery box.

Ho hum.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

raihan! favour o favour babe...
nizar's in dxb rite now for the motexha convention. thing is, he had a hard time trying to squeeze in 120 kg worth of luggage into cargo! is there anyone from emirates that u know of, who can give him clearance without the surcharges of course (mahal giler kan~!) on his flight back??? sorry hor ask you soalan cepu emas...

--zati--

Sharafynna said...

Hi Raihan,
Hope u are feeling better. Put the frenzy aside and relax.. U need that. Don't worry abt the hotel for now..i'm still gonna have my fingers twisted.
Take Care!

Anonymous said...

u 60 kg dulu??wah now slim..amazing!!!maybe next entry u bole share aper secrets u diet!!omg omg!!!!amazinggggg mrs azim!!arrr heelpppp!!i was 56kg once and now i'm 75kg.... :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

and this observer is myself...

Anonymous said...

Helloo Raihan!!! Wow!! U used to be 60 kg??? share lah secret of losing weight..n we all would be soo glad to see that hefty 60kg pic of u..hehe

anyway, hope everything goes well for u yah..take care

~~StrawBerry~

Anonymous said...

beringat sebelum kena
bertaubat sebelum terlambat

anak udang tepi lobang
cili merah sebesar ibu jari
nau'zubillah ganjarannya melaga-lagakan orang
bak makan daging saudara sendiri

Ramadhan tiba dipermulaan bulan
maaf-maafan akibat keterlanjuran

Ribut Taufan satu petanda
Tsunami menghentam bak serigala
Dunia sudah semakin tua
Manusia pula harus bersiap sedia menghadapNya

Tinggal semua yg disayangi
Tiada satupun mampu melawan

Mana perginya duit se-koyan?
Status, wang, bling-bling even uniform kebanggaan
Tinggal saudara tinggallah teman
Mampu kah mereka hulurkan bantuan?

Maaf tuan dan juga puan
Bukan meng-intrude tapi sekadar pesanan

cheers

Anonymous said...

scum of the earth you are. delete this comment why don't you? i wonder why you put in so much effort filtering and deleting comments.