Tuesday, 14th June 2005
Okay,okay,babe...cool your guns.
We don't need the hostility. We don't need the heat.
I'd like to declare that when I mentioned Salina, the fellow Emirates stewardess, whom I flew with to Amman and whom I mentioned "slapped someone", I meant it lightheartedly and I didn't mean it to stick up where the sun don't shine. I didn't intend (nor did I care if) anyone who might read into it too much, to read it in such a way that it meant anything scandalous or offensive.
I'm usually quite nice and if I want to say something not nice, I will not stop short at shooting off the mouth so whatever I wrote about Salina slapping someone was really not a big fat bad deal coz I wasn't being not nice at that time.
No, Salina wasn't bitching about anyone. No, she didn't even say anything remotely bad about anyone. No, she really doesn't have anything against anyone. She was surprisingly nice, considering the fact that some of our girls just cannot be bothered to make small talk before, after and during a flight. No, this is not an effort at brown-nosing.
I just clarified with her some people I think she knew (coz I know oh so many many people from that school!) and she regaled me with one story of her secondary school life where once in class, she (in the fury of teenaged angst and Singapore education system stress, I'm sure) slapped a certain guy I happen know, for disturbing her. That, to me, was classic and that, to me, was worth mentioning here coz I also slapped another guy from the same school. Again, I still find it weird that although my alma mater was Crescent Girls' School, which was in the central part of Singapore, I have more than my fair share of acquaintances from this particular co-ed in the east.
I feel I have the need to clarify and clear the air here coz she is, afterall, a colleague and out of the 6000+ crew we have here, chances are still quite possible that I will fly with her again and I don't want us hitting each other in the galley (yeap...legend has it that two MatSalleh crew girls did JUST that!). Heh. It's already enough that we Asians face the friction of a certain nationality stereotype vulnerability from the Caucasian crew. We don't have to create it amongst ourselves.
Normally, I don't regret sentences or retract statments. I know what I want to say and I don't really care what people want me to mean. I don't really believe in bullshitting so if there's something that I might have said sometime back, believe me, I have substantial backup. Seriously, there's no smoke without fire.
And girl, whether you need it or not, I have to put people into my good books. It's my own way of categorising the angels and demons I've flown with. And you know how many demons there can be in a crew list sometimes.
Above all else, if I've flickered any amount of indignance from you, I'm sorry.
Fly safe now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
hi raihan, i believe ur an emirate stewardess right? my sister wanna be an emirate stewardes & she wanna noe wats the procedure to apply the position...if u dun mind pls email me at bdazzle77@yahoo.com for u to give me more information regarding my queries....hope to hear from u soon...thanks...
seriously raihan, u don't need to apologize. my comment on the other entry was supposed to be a one-off tag. i was trying to keep the peace between all and i don't intend to bash u in the galley, no. im more classier than that, hun ;)
hello there. for someone who is obviously small in stature, u have nice big boobs! and im no sleazy man.im a appreaciative fellow female.
I know salina but she duno me hehe. But anyway aku nak selit je.
I wish I can slap SOMEONE (read: male) from that school too - you know who la yeah.
*LOL* pretty cool entry you have here, darling :)
i'm back!!! but i feel i should have stayed longer *sigh*
i knoe salina very well, i knoe farhana quite well but i dunno raihan, its ok though, but i find that quite funny actually..
p.s i was frm that sch, no one wanna slap me??
ayy yasz wat u doin here, pig out buddy! r u just stalking me.. or stalking raihan heh ill give ya a slap, hun but a pleasurable one. rreeeooowwwww!!!
hi raihan! heh i was looking for a mailto function on your blog but i cant find it. its not there or i am seriously much more myopic than i tot? *scratch head* anyhow, cut to the chase. i'll be in dxb next month and i jus tot u if you could kindly shed some light on the "must-go-spots" in dxb. the travel advise pages aint much help. blueekk..help! ps: u dun noe me (so can stop scratching ur head trying to recall who i might be. hehe.i dun noe u either but i read ur blog lah..)
Post a Comment