Invited Unabled Me

Sunday, 12th June 2005

I'd like to give a hearty holler to Mdm Salinna Abdullah a.k.a Charm a.k.a The New Mrs of the Week a.k.a The Official Mrs Rafee Eunos . Oh and of course, to Mr Rafee Eunos himself. Following picture carefully selected then stolen from TaiTai's multiply.Heh. Sorry,ma'am!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
According to TaiTaiShireen's usual excellent pictorial plethora of the whole affair, it was beautiful. Charm appeared serene, her face positively glowed and the overall effect was stunning and she looked fabulously fetching, as I would have predicted anyway. Bride originally lawa and then kena worked on by the likes of FM so the lawa-ness reached new levels. (See...FM can deliver the best so the case of why I fired her is probably one of those that occurs only when FM has her period and gets cranky or something.)

A few hours ago, I was sitting in the Azim's Porsche as Azim maneuvered through the traffic jam and I got myself lost in my own thoughts as I stared wistfully at Charm's pink invitation card in my hands. I was supposed to be where the card indicated I should be, between 11am to 5pm, today on the 12th of June 2005. I was supposed to give Charm the wedding gift of big fat decorative candles from Colombo that I promised. We even discussed the colour and I told her I'd get her the off-white ones as off-white would blend comfortably with any colour theme she would eventually decide on for her bridal room decor.

And here I am, still in hot hot Dubai. Due to circumstances unforseen.

I'd like to apologize to Salinna for not being able to make it despite having been granted the days off that I specifically requested last month so I can fly over to Singapore to see the charmed one get hitched.

Last minute matters cropped up with regards to my housing situation in Dubai and apparently things like paperwork and deposits have got to be done within this week or else we would have to delay our moving house date by whole month, which would be too late. Azim even called in sick for a flight he particulary wanted to operate. But he and I don't want to live in company accomodation any longer so we have no choice but free ourselves up these few days. Beautiful as 21st Century's apartments are complete with its posh address, I still want to live in my own place as soon as possible, without a housemate, with my own decor flavour and with my own free will to walk around my own place naked if I want to.

So, Salinna babe, congratulations and please accept my sincerest apologies for not being there even though I really want to.

And the candles?

I'll pass it to you in a few weeks when I finally get to Singapore myself. It can be saved for future good use, no? Like darkened rooms on romantic nights.

Heh.

Another Halal status is achieved -signed, stamped and sanding-ed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

raihan!! u r so the klakar-seram-tapi-best online buddy i've ever known! kherkhekherkher!

n congrats for being able to tag me! not only FM got PMS; server oso can get PMS tau!

take care, beb!

Alles-Lila said...

she is gorgeous, yes she is.

Sharafynna said...

Ya ampun Rai...dah 2 e-mail nie u tak reply. Quick! ada soalan penting...

Anonymous said...

hi there ! blog hopping. Ure iin dubai! Ive been there once. And i also heard its hot there now from a fren who stays there.

Mamafai said...

eh i could have bumped into you if you were at the wedding ah sis...

Aliyah said...

Raihan!

I tot I could have the opportunity to bump into u @ her wedg.

alahai! lum rezeki nak jumpa pompan cantik ler :(