Tuesday 31st May 2005
I know, I know.
This blogskin is rather basi. But since it's less basi than my wedding-themed one (considering the fact that I have been an over-bride for forty days now) and since I do not have the time nor the patience to create a new one just yet, I'll just settle for this. I don't even know whether I'll be creating a new one at all, since I am just a few blogposts away from my blogging swansong. Even thereafter, I will still have my Multiply and my multitude of multiplied stuff so I'm not really bowing out from the whole scene. Just blowing out from blogging.
Really, really. But not now, not yet. Soon.
I've just returned from a super-long Jakarta flight, a trip I was pulled out for at the last possible minute. Super-long here is defined by four whole days in Jakarta with nothing to do. With Azim in Manchester, my mom not able to fly over due to work commitments and my sister grounded for life till PSLE is officially over, I had no one to play with but myself. I get quite bored after I've been with myself for too long.
So, I gave myself a project. Project LECEH which abbreviates Locate Ex-Crescentian Expatriates in Homeland. Lame but succint, no? I started Project LECEH in Indonesia since I was bored shitless in Jakarta and there were plenty of Indonesian students in Crescent, significantly Luvena Katherina Halim Kusuma, my Niners classmate and sec four class partner. And Meutya Hafid, the ex-Crescentian, three years my senior, who is now a reporter. Who was kidnapped by the Iraqis for a while and came out on NewPaper's front page recently. Anyway, though Project LECEH did not really produce the desired outcome, I did learn a few things. Will go into details later after I've defrosted my mind and recharged my body.
Oh and a hearty hearty shout out to first-time parents, Nura & Esman for the arrival of their first offspring, baby girl Nyla. Whose passage into the world was described beautifully by momma Nura's most recent blog post. Awww......
And in the midst of it all, I returned home to the news that the company is considering granting maternity leave to married female cabin crew, instead of having us quit when we get pregnant and then re-applying only when we are ready and our figure is back to normal. Considering is quite a bright spark in the horizon. It means one foot's in the door and InsyaAllah, the other will follow through.
And InsyaAllah, I myself, can be a mommy soon instead of worrying much about my financial flow and my career goals.
Congratulations again, Nura and Esman. Nura, you're now in the Sacred Sorority of Motherhood. Here's to many gurgles of love,toothless smiles,tender moments and first words (among many other firsts!). Baby shower, please!
And to Emirates Airline Cabin Crew Maternity Leave Considering Commitee, please let it flow.
InsyaAllah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Nice blog colour, nice entry, nice picture face of you. Raihan, did u get my e-mail? What?! Your're gonna have a sudden death on the blogging world?! No!
this skin is like a timeless haute couture..heh..i loike~
however, i'm pretty disturbed by the entries of a certain blogger from http://silentrhapsody.blogspot.com....we share the same blog title,differentiated by a mere hyphen~~tetapi sungguh berbeda bagaikan langit & bumi! kekekekekekek...my alter-ego perhaps..yin & yang, black & white...am i schizophrenic? mwahahaahahaa~!
My Dearest Raihan,
Wow, that was a quick reply! Anyway, of course we can meet. I also have loads of stuffs to talk to u abt. Saw that u have leave coming up. Will u be on a honeymoon or back in S'pore? Nevertheless, anything just e-mail me,k.
Howdy doody...
Thanx for taking the trouble to leave your comments in my blog and for linking me up. Really really appreciate your visit. Makes me feel ever so humbled to receive new visitors each day.
Your nick in ALAMAK does ring a bell cos I saw you online numerous times. I was the oft-bullied KRUMANIA. Hahaha those were the days... But I doubt our paths crossed unless you came to support our football games organised by Fudz...
Your explaination on the wireless thingy at the airport is so enlightening. At least I know now what's going on there, rather than hear bits and pieces.
Anyway looking at your current pic, I cant help but say you look like a "twin sister" of my Chinese colleague. The similarities are uncanny I must say. You two could be part of the seven of you around the world. Maybe...
Right, gotta fly... C u around. Do drop by whenever you're free... Till then... Take care...
Plsz Raihan DUN QUIT!!! I REALLY X100 LOVE READIN UR ENTRIES...
Dun quit ok!!!
wouldn't want to leave the details here,and don't want u to waste precious phone bills on me, so mail me at madnoor@singnet.com.sg
and i'll mail ya the details.
its on 2nd July, by the way
Tis me again...
Blogger decided to suspend my blog cos of the underscore in my previous URL. So I've taken the liberty to change it. Hope you would update accordingly when you are free. Thx.
http://pujanggamlm.blogspot.com
lovely purple layout. like it better :)
anyway, now that's good news isn't it? considering the hassle it will take for you to tender your resignation and then to re-apply again and then wait for the confirmation from the upper management and yadda yadda yadda...hehehe :)
now you have a great time, ok? and please don't quit blogging yet?
wahhhhh cooool!..im sure ur tagine will taste great!!!
have fun trying.... :)
ahhhh Prada's on sale?? hehehhe lucky me! heheheh tak go ga-ga over it. heheh the only and only Prada dat i had was my plum drawstring bag and the sling bag dat i bought frm Paris under hub's acct. ;) and since then hehehhe havent got anythin else since there's so much imis nowadays! gawd! heheheh... even GSS here, i've yet to check out the store. guess GUcci and Prada will start later. so i'm waitin for dat too.... or else i'll haf to shop in Frankfurt and Ney Yorkajer. ;)
Post a Comment