Boohoohoo!

Saturday 7th May 2005

We had our first argument as man and wife. Though it lasted all of five minutes, it was an argument nonetheless.

I do believe the emotional build-up of being away from each other for the first time since we got married played a large part in our five-minute argument. We've been doing married couple stuff like viewing homes, settling the paperwork of my new car, polishing his desert-dusty one, going for late brunches and later lunches at sweaty little Karama cafes and posh Sheikh Zayed Road French bistros, cooking each other dinner and snuggling much and suddenly without seeing it coming, I'm in Singapore. I mean, I did have a long flight immediately after I returned to Dubai after my wedding but after that flight, we have had a string of days off together so this long flight that I was suddenly put on for yesterday was totally unprepared for and I left for duty an hour after we were just about to settle down to sleep.

Leaving my Babushuknya behind for almost a week.

Over a long-distance phone conversation yesterday night after I reached Singapore, our sweet nothings and day's updates turned a little bit ugly as he went on and on about how I must not forget to see my Singapore doctor today, instead of prancing around town with my friends. I, his lovely wife, retorted, more out of exhaustion than irritation, told him to stop nagging like a wife.

Ouchies.

He told me its best that we hang up and recollect our thoughts. I agreed grudgingly and proceeded to send him a four-part text message that reeked of forced politeness, self-righteousness and nagging rights and regulations. After which, I went to sleep, my stomach in a knot and my heart wringed wrinkled, as I suddenly missed him, and his big,sleep-inducing arms, so much and the "missing" came in meciless droves that would drive me crazy enough to fly back to Dubai that very minute and flutter kisses on his face till my mouth ached. But common-sense overcame the crazy and exhaustion took its toll again on my me. I slept yesterday night dreaming of pink cats and purple flying-carpets, I don't know why.

And I woke up this morning to a text-message that left me weak in the knees:

"Honey babushuknya, I'm sorry for nagging like a bitch. I'm just worried about you and your constant headaches coz when you hurt, I hurt too. Please go and see the Singapore doctor okay? I love you so much so much."

Oh honey love, I'm so sorry too. I'm the bitch. I should be stoned and you should be shrined. I love you too and I'll see you soon.

When one is in my situation, a week's time frame has to be within the time legalities of soon. Or else the days will go by oh so slowly.

Azim Ezat Shakoree, I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owh isn't ur husband is so sweet..? :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww.....sweetness

Anonymous said...

iTs zihan!!!!!Gaduh dengan abg Azim,Eh?Wait till mamy hears this she will go furious!!No lah!I won`t tell her,ok?Don`t u knoe i`m very loyal to you???;)

Trina said...

heheh dats so cute. heheh it's so ....how shall i describe it the inner most feelings when u just gt married argghhh its like u can't be apart for a minute rite! heheheh i can understand dat PERFECTLY! heheheh