Slap me.
I am an arrogant little bride-to-be.
I will not settle for a hen-night at anything less or anywhere else other than my old-time favourite,The Ritz-Carlton, my long-lost love,The Fullerton or my soft sheet salvation after a long flight, The Carlton. I can consider The Marriott, coz that's where I can get a staff rate of $90+++ (when I was with the Ritz, Marriott was Ritz's sister hotel!). I can consider Royal Plaza On Scotts, coz that's jsut next to my happy ho haven, DFS and I can consider The Conrad, coz I love the name Conrad. SO manly.
But like a warped government conspiracy, there is a big time conference in town. Something to do with equities and securities and investment properties so every-bloody-where that is bloody worth my time is bloody full. Each hotel I've been calling is running at 98% or a flat 100%. Even my baby Ritz.
So since my bridesmaids and hen-night party nazi and door bitch have left it to me to pick the venue (for fear of my tantrums, maybe, should they choose a less conducive place), I am, at this point, 2 days to my big day, at a loss - for the very first time- with my hotel selection.
Singapore's hotel plethora used to be my buffet spread. I know I could always get the classiest place in a snap. With a good rate, to boot!
Now, I'm spread out on a limb, trying to get my perfect venue so I can have my hen night and my henna (Thanks Jewel!!).
Other than my venue dilemma, I'm hearing about more and more things people are doing just to attend my wedding. And I'd like to name names but there are just too many! I'm so terharu. Extremely, absolutely, completely.I'm so glad I am going to share my big day with so many people who care.
Which reminds me, I've got a new friend.
Linda from Dahlia's Cafe@Bussorah Street. Who said hi to me when she didn't have to. Who is super nice and super friendly. Who caught me by surprise and made my day.
Linda dear, I do apologize if I did seem aloof or arrogant or nak kena sepak. It's just that you blindsideded me and I'm not at my best when I'm blindsided. Thank you for saying hi. It was a pleasant surprise however, sadly, I am not good with surprises but you won't surprise me anymore, no?
Coz I know you now. Maybe I'll surprise you next time! *evil laughter*
In any case, my lovelies, Dahlia's cafe is super rad! The food is good (Vegetarian Fried Rice!), service is great and the place is comfy without being too overbearing and cliched.
Go now.
.....................................................................................................................
Wedding Stuff
I'm still not done with wedding stuff yet. I'm blogging this in the car as we speak. Killing time as I kill myself. I am utterly grateful to blogger hot babe Kartina aka Trina for spending the whole day with MJ and I the other day, offering opinions and lending her support ,despite returning from her dramatic Bangkok flight that morning! It also helped that she's a fab gossip kaki so the three of us took sporadic breaks at Far East to McCafe to LauPaSat from wedding talk to ber-bitch about....the misfits and manusias that we know. I am so jahat. Heh.
I have done about two lulur sessions and have one more to go. I have about 50 berkats that are still unribboned. My nails are not done yet. My henna will be done tonight@my hen night. I have to meet my Ritz wedding planner again today as my new wedding planner MJ (I have THREE now) wants to make sure things are on the right ball. I have to collect my wedding pictures from Abang Yunos's studio (which I heard from some people, including Mahd and MJ herself, were fabulous shots!) Thanks for the kembangan, Mahd! And guess what's on the agenda this morning??
Kursus Perkahwinan Crash Course with Ustadz Majeed.
So at this time, Raihan is in hijab tau.
MasyaAllah!

12 comments:
Hey Raihan! I'm sure everything will turn out picture-perfect! :) Take care!!
hey gal-bride-to-be..
kirim salam kat semua org di Spore...our relatives..
i was like erk...18th april is a thursday? *sigh*
anywayz, kembangan eh?? hehehe...but yoiu weally, weally look different. even abang yunos kata so beautiful :)
me'll be there @ wedding....weeeeeeeeeeee...
Hi Raihan..for the 1st time im tagging u although it been months since i kepo at ur blog..thank u for being super super friendly wit me cause i paiseh and thats the reason why i say hi only when you're leaving(hehe)..anyway..
hapi birthday and have a wonderful wedding..
Two lives joined together
Two hearts that beat as one
As u begin your life together
May all your days filled will love & may all your dreams come true on this special day!
yours truly
lynda
wey makcik nak kawin,
maner the invites? tak nampak pun tu batang hidung cards. heh.
btw ur addy oso Rai, so i can send mine to u. sibuk giler tak? gosh 2 more days to go. i can't believe it for u. just TWO more days to Mrs Azim. *wow*
Helo helo!
Congrats to u dear!
Do enjoy ur big day to the fullest coz the day will reall fly by...:o)
yoooo....im finally back ..woohooo...so happy seh terbump into u dat day...and the card..wow...so nice...was telling the other crew dat i nak frame it hehehe...u have a luvly time preparing for ur big day yah...see ya on 20TH!!! :):):)
Hey..congrats and have a beautiful wedding...don't forget to upload lots of pics for us to see...
azi
hey..i love reading ur blog..well since ur happy dae is approaching, jus wanna say congrats to u..and i m sure u will look gorgeous dat day
-muacks-
Raihan dear,
Did i tell u, i love u & ur blog?? I did.. somewhere in between..
And fret not...
U'll make one hell of a gorgeous bride!
Jealous tau!!
Wishing U many happy returns.
Congrats!
ello Raihan.. wat can i say. except we did haf fun the other day. hope u dun find me kepo, babe. hehehh who knws my ideas mite nt be needed after all. see ya soon and hmmm sempat update lak tu!
Post a Comment