My wedding dress was due yesterday.
I went to collect it. My Le Spose Di Gio copy.
Guess who I brought with me?

Answer: Anna
Guess whose wedding invite she's holding?

Answer: Sapa lagik? And yes, wedding dress blurred coz I'm a superstitious fool. Azim does read my blog tau!
Guess where we went to have lunch?

Answer: Traders Hotel Dubai. After leaving one of my invites at the hotel reception for Hazrina aka Elista because at that time, she hasn't checked in yet.
Guess what Anna had?

Answer: Spinach fettucine with smoked salmon in saffron dill sauce.
Guess what I had?

Answer: Goat's cheese pizza with herbs and portobello mushrooms. Oooohh..I love porto mushrooms! Gargantuan edible fungus, anyone?
Guess who was the lucky and full girl that day?

Answer: Anna Banana...the lunch was on me as a form of gratitude to the Pisang for graciously offering her assistance and presence that day as I rushed around Dubai, a mad bride with several missions.
Guess who we met, as we waited for that elusive peak-hour taxi at the hotel's driveway?

Answer: The lovely Hazrina herself! Gosh girl, you gave me diabetes! You are such a sweetie-poo.Have a good Jeddah flight. Have a good Singapore flight. See you on the 20th!
And after all that, today's questions are....
Guess how many pieces of luggage I lugged to the Dubai International Airport by my lonesome ownsome?

Answer: Nope. What you see is only half of my total luggage count. I had six pieces with me. Not including my Amy, snugly nestled in my laptop bag and my mockcroc arm candy filled with my passport, my plane ticket, my wallet, both my mobile phones and my Ixus.
So guess where I am now, eleven hours after I took that last picture?
1A Gillman Heights 03-04 Depot Road Singapore 100001
Yeap. Where the heart is.
But above it all, I would like to give a shout-out to some of the most beautiful people in my life who are making the enormous effort to attend my weekday wedding despite their life's timetable. One had to apply for last-minute leave from his on-air duty - my Abang TG!!. One had to totally shift around her journalistic schedule -my gorgeous cousin/aunty Siti Soraya Syafawati aka Siti ET!! One had to painstakingly swap and give away a flight to a destination I know she enjoys - my blogger babe, hot stuff Trina Kebaya!! One is rushing RIGHT after her four-hour on-air duty - Kak Suriani aka SK. A few will be bringing their kids, despite the fact that it is a school night. My decade-long galpals, who are my bridesmaids are coming in a LOT earlier to help with the petty details that might demand attention at the last minute. A few others are coming despite being in the last stages of pregnancy and handling uncomfortable prenatal dealings. A few are rushing RIGHT after their teaching schedules end (too many to name!) and a few are contemplating calling in sick so they can get well at my wedding. And I know many of you are dismissing the weekday exhaustion to celebrate the day with Azim and I.
I cannot even begin to illustrate the sincere gratitude that fills up my heart when I hear of the things you beautiful ones are doing to come to my humble wedding reception.
I am truly truly touched.
Alhamdullilah.
See you soon, my lovelies!

11 comments:
makcik, belum dapat my invite yet from twinkz! :(
Hey Raihan!
I just want to tell you and Azim congratulations and have fun! :) Can't wait for my wedding day! Hehe! Hmm...I think I'm gonna have it at the Burj Al Arab!! Psh...yea right, I don't look like an ATM machine full of money!! LOL! See you later!
RAIHAN...
itu gambar makan buruk sekali and anyways,am i considered one of those who would consider calling in sick in sg??!hheheh *considers*
no worries girl,it was my pleasure.see u in sg with ur flashdrive and ur wedding pressie from my rojak bf and moi!!
harold wishes his congrats,he said it's better on writing than it is by words,which is utterly ridiculous.
have fun with preps,though i noe ur breaking out in a very unhealthy sweat,that glow next wednesday,will bring a smile on everyone's face!
Hi my dearest, i have replied yr e-mail..so go and check it..don't be too excited cuz it pains me to reply it...well, u guessed it. Nevertheless, i wish u a big Happy Wedding Day..
Have a blast wedding raihan! :)
rai, your wedding, lah! hehehehe...moi birthday is 21st!!!
anwayz, eh...we live so near to each other, eh?! you @ gillman heights...me a few...err...not that few bus-stops away in another ulu estate :P
see you, darling !!!
*burst into tears*
i cant see all the pix!!
guess what? i engage norita of Khaj for my pelamin as well. a job well done...good choix babe.
Oh yeah!! Congratulations for the big day yah. smile nice nice. take care of yr health and keepo free from zits growth.
all the pantangs will come in good lateron. oh man!! wish i could turn back time & kahwin with my dh again. *LOL*
*scrolls back*
Siti Soraya Syafawati is your cousin/auntie?
She was my house/uni mate when she was on exchange to Aus!
Yaye!
Now we have someone in common. Heehee. Okay, okay I know I'm not supposed to disturb you till after your wedding but..but heck! This couldn't wait.
Congratulations (again) on your coming nuptials!!
It's all coming oh so beautifully, I'm reluctantly feeling like I wanna get married.
And oh yes, I'm gonna link ya k.
hi,juz here to drop by. u gettin married soon? congrats! btw, ive juz got back from my Dubai trip. its a wonderful trip there. it catches my eyes whenever i saw the word dubai in yr blog. teehehehe ...
rai, saw ur portfolio...wheni looked at it, i was like...wait, the groom looked familiar. then abang yunos said yeah, that's raihan and azim...heheheh
rai, lawa!!!!!!!!! and he even said that you guys are a very nice & friendly couple :) you looked so gorgeous, that's why i couldn't recognise you and that's why i recognised azim first! kherkherkhe...
another pantang larang is you cannot blog. betul tau!!!
:)
::diah::
Post a Comment