Wednesday, 2nd March 2005
A nice girl I know has finally really left her abusive boyfriend for a better guy. I know how that feels. It's a euphoric kind of liberation. The "better" guy would not be a generic kind of "better", not "better" for the masses, just better for her. Just for her.
Her parents are bent on pressing charges, for the abusive boyfriend was abusive enough to suggest insanity. ("How DARE he hit our little girl!") He hit her, he beat her and he even punched the daylights out of her. Redundancy referrals here are intentional. That's how bad it was. Yet when she told me about him when I met her some time ago, she was incredibly nonchalant about it and I was incredibly horrified.
So she's not too keen on pressing charges. And I don't blame her. People like him can lie a million tall tales and worm their way out very well. After all, the bruises have faded and the scars (the physical ones,of course) have healed. How can the right ones prevail? How will the truth triumph? It's her word against his and then everything that everyone else says can and will be simplified to merely hearsay. Nothing is pictured. Nothing is captured. Nothing, nada, zilch, mafi, aucun. Nothing.
Nonetheless, she's happy now and that's all that matters to her.
And I'm happy for her for I know the depth of such happiness. I read her blog and I smile, for she is so enraptured, it's palpable! She even compared the ex to the"Spawn of Satan". How very nice. How very apt. And she also credits the "Spawn of Satan" for if it was not because of him, she'd never have hooked up with the "better" guy. So it all does work out. In a weird way but it worked out. Well and truly.
For what it's worth, we don't make wrong decisions in life. We just make undefined choices. Choices that might seem like shitloads of misery at one time but prove to be truckloads of blessings later in life. We made the choice and there are divine reasons why. Reasons that will make themselves known when the time is right. That's why patience is a virtue.
And we are supposed to be virtuous,no?
And if you're reading this, my dear, congratulations on your new-found liberation with my favourite guy friend.
It's all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
hi.im a fan of ur blog. have been for about 3 weeks now since my cuz showed it to me.u mite noe her,shes a blogger but not so active. this post touched me deep deep. i had an abusive boyfriend too. im glad i left him. it is very liberating.u are very right.
thank u for highlighting it raihan.u reminded me how lucky i am to get away frm men like that.good luck to your fren.
Im goin to Simple plan concert indeed...and suddenly i turned 16!!hahahaha..im goin wif my cousin and sis.
hows your weddin prep??hope its a ok..and sorry i deleted my early comment..hahaha..
hi raihan...congrats to your friend. somehow, i can relate to that. the euphoria is remarkable :)
but anyway, in answer to your qestion...i am not so close to that state of mind but somehow, i can picture the start of it. kherkherkhe...
sreiously, things are starting to give me more headaches than my 25 not-so-cherubic-but-not-devilish-either clients!!!
may i link you?
It must be yr gd advise that things just work out right for this friend of yours. Oh yes, did i tell u that i like your wits, and the gift of gap too!.
hi raihan!
thanx for visiting my humble blog n compliments on Lil Izz! Shall tell him that he has a new admirer! Hehee :D
am glad that yr friend got away from the abusive relationship and has moved on with her life with a better man.. kudos to her! :)
Shall we link?
Yes,she deserves someone better than him!
Am also very very happy for her! :)
dear raihan,
i thought it might interest you to know that someone is badmouthing you behind your back. this person is telling some people about you, things that you will not appreciate. from what i hear, i do not know if it is true or false but it is just not good for your wellbeing so i think you should be more careful and watch your back and watch the people around you,especially since i noticed your wedding is next month and things that this person is saying might break you.
i am sorry. i dont mean to scared you like this. i just thought you mite need this little bit of help coz you helped someone i knew. i would like to e-mail u but i dont noe ur e-mail and i dun want to reveal myself to you for it might not be good for me too.take care, raihan.
hi there! i hopped from shireen's. just wondering if you'd know a friend of mine who used to be an emirates crew and is now living in dubai with her family. methinks she quits emirates quite sometime ago after she got married to an emirates pilot. her name is mastura and her hubby's name is c harty (if my memory didn't fail me). would you know them, by any chance?
anyways, congrats to your upcoming nuptials and stay happy and bubbly always :)
~jewel~
Yes, liberation indeed.The very best of its kind. :)
Rai,
saw the posting up there by 'anonymous'. take care & be careful. Especially on the onset of your wedding in a month's time.
Hi there!
Thought I'd finally say Hi since I kinda want a favour. heh. Oh gawd I'm shameless. But nehmind..
Anyway, all the best to your friend. Sometimes you just need to make lotsa wrong choices before making the right one. What's important is that she's happier now.
And back to my 'favour'. I was wondering if you could sneak me a satchet of Emirates' wonderful coffee (or rather tea, since there's no coffee beans involved!) the next time you fly home. It's amazing I tell you. Lurve it to bits. Can I? Please?
so honoured you invited! i will come, insya-allah and hopefully, our wedding will be the dream wedding! hooray!!!
wow raihan how deep u feel for other people. made me smile.
so liyana is it? im glad u revealed urself....so i know who im talking to when i say i am also happy for u and all the best. he sure sounds like a good catch.i hope all abused girlfriends out there will one day find the way that u did.
Hey, GiRL! Its beeennn weekz I've readin' ur blog. I am addicts to read your blog, ur opinion, ur ideas...eheheh and I lurve the way you express your words.. =D So 'perrrfectzzz' next to perfect is better. =X ehehe
Post a Comment