One Wedding and Almost A Funeral

During my recent flight duty back to Singapore weeks ago, I was supposed to attend THREE wedding receptions. Two of them were of my good friend and ex-Crescentian Rozi. One was of my paternal cousin Zulaina.

I attended a grand total of ONE. How bloody skanky of me.

I only attended Rozi's dinner for that one is a smaller, private one where the invited were only a few "selected close friends" of Rozi and Fendi's. So that one is a must go coz it's an RSVP thingie. A no-go means she no-friend me. Her Sunday lunch was an open one to what looked like a million people so I skipped that one due to penat reasons.

And I skipped Zulaina's one due to jauh-nak-mampos reasons. She had it in JOHOR. In her mother's JOHOR house. She had a perfectly fine Sembawang home but Johor it is! On a Sunday. Sunday Johor trips bring back nightmares of traffic jams, hot sticky skin and eventually, an unglam appearance at a wedding. Plus I was due to leave for Colombo in the evening. I was afraid a jam might have dire consequences on my pre-flight preparations.

Note to self (and to all future nuptials): When planning wedding, consider accessibility for guests. Difficulty in getting to wedding venue might result in disgruntled guests who would either skip the wedding or turn up super-grumpy. No good for happy day. If die-die must have faraway wedding venue, arrange transportation for guests.

Like when my cousin Shirin had her wedding at the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort ballroom, she had several coaches to transport all her guests from WTC (now Harbour Front,kan?) to hotel. She also had the Sentosa entry-charges for all guests waived.

Oh I digress when I'm distressed.

So I finally reached Singapore. Slept like a rotten log. Woke up and looked like a rotten log and smelled more so. Showered like there might be a drought tomorrow. Then family came and took the reins of my hotel room and my day. And my other days.

I then attended Rozi's wedding dinner at Lagun Sari the following evening.


True to form, I was late by 45 minutes. With my mom as my date, in the absence of my flying fiance.

I was the only one with her mom. Even the nuptials' parents were not there for Rozi told me the dinner was just a Rozi & Fendi's wedding thing that they arranged and paid themselve. That made my mom the oldest dinner guest there. I hope she didn't notice that. Heh.

My history came alive in the dinner hall. In the form of all my ex-Crescentian friends, ex-classmates, ex-college mates, ex-galpals, ex-other-phases-of-life mates and ex-guys-I-knew-from-Mendaki who were from Victoria School and ACS (I). Even the emcee was an old friend. Miss Faridah Ishak Minah Tudung Glam Terrermaaa!

Thankfully, no ex-boyfriends or I would have done a video autobiography right there with my lousy Panasonic D-snap.Eeeks!

Speaking of which, my pictures this time (except the stolen ones!!) are lousy. Grainy, dark and blurry around most edges because of my super-lousy Panasonice D-snap camera. Which I chose to bring to this event only because it could fit nicely in my tiny Prada clutch and still leave room for my compact, credit cards, cash and phone. Big mistake. Framed regrets. I apologize in advance for the effing shots it took and the monster it made me look like.

Of all present, most importantly were the parts of my heart that mattered....like the following:-

And one with the bride.Paling kecoh.


There was Izrina and her Firhad.

Wonderful as always. I feel blessed. I never lost her friendship. No matter how far I take myself away to, when I meet her, we'd make noise, laugh loudly and bitch as per normal. Last month, when I went back for leave, I did not get to meet her but we talked on the phone for ages and we griped, updated and pondered about life like we used to. She listened to my woes, asked about my family and the distance between us gave way to the years behind us. Yup. Galpal. Personified.


There was Siti Khadijah and her Khaidir.

Another one of my blessings. Another one of my super-glue friends. I'll never ever lose her. I adore her to pieces. I hope she knows that. With her, I never feel out of place. With her, I remember that I made great friends in Crescent Girls and had infinite fun. With her, I know its all sincere. Galpal. Personified. Part II.


There was Nurul Asyikin with her Rizal.

Newly-engaged. Newly-ringed.

But still old Nurul. Never that close to her yet never that far away either. She's too sweet and too nice to discount as merely an acquaintance.


Couldn't meet Fishah, my maybe wedding-planner. Lawa eh dia?!

Fishah dunno Rozi. Fishah also don't really want to know, I think. So me Peesa bella, we shalt meet when time is ample, distance is none and YOU are free. But you know I lurve you.

And Nazreen (seen here with her Elvan), whose presence is always desired greatly but whose location is always unknown by us. I will FIND you next time!


Sorry for the win-Academy-Award podium tirade. The wedding has made me really emotional about my friends. In my life so far.

Aaahh..my galpals from days of yore...I adore them.

Please don't ever replace me or oust me from ur lives so casually just because I am so far away or just because I didn't stay in JC or just because I didn't end up in NUS or just because for whatever reason you think is valid coz you guys have got premium value to me. Even Fishah, my relatively new galpal. To lose you people or to think I'm not worthy enough to stay significant in ur lives would really hurt. Petty? Juvenile? I think not.

I think we have all come to an age where the good friends you made should be the ones you make an effort to keep, no matter what. Especially the ones that have come a long way, a long time ago. Simple phrases used freely in our childhood like "I don't friend you!" would easily be rectified by playing in another jungle gym and finding another best friend in a minute. Now,as young adults, it's unheard of as we learn the value of real value and feelings are felt more deeply, hurting is easy and the mind understands more.

As we grow older, our circles get smaller and we have more grown-up stuff to worry about, we cannot afford to lose the ones that have been starring much in our history for those are the ones who'd make our other life events seem more worthwhile. These are the people who would remind you that you really had a life so far and that you did not just come into reality recently. These are the people who would know what your graduations, anniversaries, careers, births, deaths and weddings would really mean to you for they saw you toil through life with the males (and females) to get where you are. I'm glad I still have some of them good friends left and hey, blogging has given me a new few to start histories with!

Oh,about weddings, I have rekked the suite and I have a headache. So many possibilites but it does seem like quite a small space. The lady who brought my mom and I around the suite (as if I didn't know it well enough already) said with all the suite furniture moved out, I would have a big space actually. I don't want to start thinking about it now.Take a look here.

Then while I was still in Singapore, things went from rosy (or Rozi) to murky to downright big black blob of shit.

Suddenly,my almost-bedridden and terminally-ill father somehow rendered himself unconscious and got admitted to NUH. Things took a turn for the worse and he got moved to NUH's ICU. To date, he is still there, his everything kept going with machines.

I'd go on with more details but I'm still in a dour mood right now plus my head is taking a beating from trying to study my Safety and Emergency procedures stuff for my yearly refresher tomorrow.. I apologize for my anti-climax. I would continue with the details maybe in another post to come but it will be one full of the rantings of a bitter daughter who lost her happy chilhood in a lie. So it might not be worth reading. And this bitter daughter cannot bring herself to feel sad.

Someone shoot me.

Now that is another story.
Will be back soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei Bitch..you're such a low life biggest liar of all time..you're downright a liar..a bragger but that i dont bother all i care is that you're full of yourself...you lied at other's expense..you made people think the ones that you made a sordid comments to are the damn ones that do you wrong but wat u forgot to highlight to them how low of a woman you are...you at times just let any men that you fancy devour you..all they need is to respond to your flirt and they'll get to be under your skirt...then when you're useless to them you called them names and start makin the world note that you're the innocent one, the victim..yet was it any other man's fault that you just let anybody put his dick in your damn large hole???? stop the crap..you maybe rich but hell you know wat you were before this...a sad person who loves to fantasies...you talk to much and all of us know none of the words that came out flying from your mouth was any truth ok some maybe not all..you're a freak who just trying to get a place in the world..please be original..stop looking at other's fault and be certain that you're so damn goody..
by the way dont look at my comments as being overly jealous of what you are and wat you've acquired..i'm truly hapy that things are working out well for yer...that it was a repayment for all your family traumas and dramas..yet why the blame on others..for things that went wrong for you..please just throw away your broken pasts and stop pondering and reminiscing abt he this he that.. one thing for sure..you allowed yourself to it..why still capturing the names of these peoples and start lying abt the occurences btw you and them..anyway all the guys that had you...knows wat an easy bait you are...you're the ones stalking them..profusely saying i truly loves you..yet wen they found something better..you hated their guts..for you think you should not be treated this way as you're smart..in studies you maybe..but in life??? no way..you're a girl who have lost the most imp thing in life...your moral values..material ways you acquired it...yet that's meaningless..you'll do anything to get the guys that you admire be yours including being stupid and posing all kind of threats and if your current man were to ever leave you..one thing for sure he'll be the next victim to be badly bruised by all your lies...he'll be the very next victim...just look at it...all your ex are in your hate list...you hate for the bad things in them yet you forget the good things that they had for you..be more mature gerl..why bear the baddies and forget the goodies and help rendered to you.. and start hating the erls at they preferred more compared to you..ow truly sad can you be..why do you need to overate yourself..why must you make false attempts to let the other party knows that you're better than the gerls that they loved more..and start pouring out lies and giving bad comments on their better and more preferred ones..you're a cheapo who have expensive things..a cheap moral values in you..as for your father..he made a blunder that cost you your life yet if it's not for him will you be in this world??? will you be having a lavish life?? be thankful for all that you have..sometimes bad things happened for a real good reason..you might not know it now but time will tell..one top of it all... just stop being a hypocrite and a sore loser..and get over your past...please do that..move on..do all of us a favour..

Anonymous said...

u're so cooollllllllll ..i chanced upon ur blog by chance .....u dont knovv me ...but i vvd love to cum to ur vvedding ...plssssssssssssssssssss ..u r so hip and so vogue....so glamorous....but ssssssoooooo kental.... like a typical minah ...so hensem bf some more ......