It is only in states of elevated levels of boredom does one find revelation.
I was lazily browsing through Friendster and clicking on some of the profiles in my list for I was so so bored. Bored mindless.
Then I clicked on my ex-boyfriend's profile. An ex of eons ago. The first guy I ever went out with that made my friends nod their heads and confirm their theories that Raihan likes pretty boys. To me, he is not exactly pretty.He is good-looking, full of attitude but very quiet.....almost brooding. Not pretty but actually handsome. He is half-Malay and half....something else. It helps that his not-Malay name is so cool. It made him more.....exciting. Too bad I was too young to explore the exciting possibilities he could have offered. Heh.
That was it. We broke up coz we were too young. To this day, I still think having a boyfriend when I was still in secondary school was too much coz I was too young. I remember juggling the too-young theory in my head but my puberty hormones got the better of me. It didn't help that I was in an all-girls school and didn't have much eye-candy except for the occasional cute male relief teacher (Mr Ng Boon Kiat!!) and the athletic prowess and dental phenomenon of Cikgu Samat.
So my (young) man from the corresponding all-boys school in the east was a salve to my sore eyes and someone I'd scamper off to meet in town right after school, almost everyday. When we were in Sec 3, his khaki school shorts turned to long white pants and I was all agog! His pants were tailored so nicely! It got him into trouble with his school discipline master but it made his ass cute, it made him cool and my boyfriend was a certified QT.We actually went on and off for about two freaking years!! When we finally broke -up, we were both 16, it was mutual and it was final. Whew. It's a wonder I didn't screw up and drop out of Crescent Girls! Oh I was sooo mentel I could have kicked myself! Kalau hot babe takpe...I was NOT. I was so tanned from hockey and track, my hair was super short, I wore stupid glasses which only got switched to contacts when I was in Sec 3, my uniform was just sad to begin with and I had zero flirting skills, the kind that many girls around me that time already had a grasp on. C'mon, I was ONLY 15.
So back to this exciting ex-boyfriend of mine...he's doing well now. He is in NUS. He is still just as cute, if not cuter (even Azim thinks he's cute!WHAT?!). He still has that cool name his mother gave him (a thousand points to the Mrs!). And we have just linked up on Friendster and his messages to me indicate that he is still just as nice.
But the difference is that this boy grew up. He is very committed in a very serious relationship with a very beautiful girl. No more stories of him going from girl to girl (what I heard in college!). His girlfriend's picture is displayed proudly in his photo profile and his testimonials for her and hers for him oozed love. They have been together for quite awhile and now she's far away in Australia, studying. Another indication of his maturity, sustaining a long-distance relationship.
Very not him. Very opposite. Very new.
I am amazed. I am glad. It's not everyday naughty boys turn good for a girl. But when they do, you know it's love. It's not a facade of who they really are. It's just love. And I'm glad it happened to this guy. It should happen to everyone, this thing called love. It's sustenance for life. And it changes you whether you want to or not. I changed with Azim. You think I really wanted to change?
So YOU, I didn't think you'd turn over and sober down with the ladies so soon but you did and that rocks!
Oh and Happy Birthday.
Thank God we're all no longer sixteen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I think I know who you are talking about.And it's not shanaz. am i rite? coz shanaz is still sniffing his mom's armpit,still in POLY at his age and has a girlfriend but can't get his hands off other girls.
outzzzz.............
peace.
-----Septum-----
hi.. just popping by. it is sweet when naughty boys turn nice, but maybe they lose a bit of their "naughty boy" charm as well? :)
MsNomer...thanks for popping in.
For the record, this guy's naughty boy charm is still ALL there.It's written all over his face,glazed over his eyes and will never leave him.He stopped being naughty in terms of monogamy only.Nothing else,I'm sure.
RoyalMadness...I tot you disappeared.Tried to tag u in ur blog but sumthing wrong ley!My msgs tak masuk!
Septum...i dunno who u are but I won't dispute what u said. it seems u mite be someone in my circle of frens. And u're rite, it's SO not shanaz i'm referring to here.
Raihan...again u totally amused me...i just loved ur entries :)
Ahhhh heheh all the bittersweet memories of yesteryears.. haha our SELENGER mendaki years. We were from all girls' schools what..hehhe that ex must be from Victoria rite? hehe...mendaki camps were washing-eyes days to specimen the opposite sex! haha- Ana
hahahaha..i just read ur tag at my blog...i ni memang sentiasa gatal nak change flt..too badlah didnt noe u haf same flt else i wudnt be itchy enuff to change...btw terpaksa change lah coz got 2 weddings to attend over the weekend..wat a bummer kan....nonetherless, the girl who changed with me top me maxs...so apa lagi..... *winks*
hehehe... u saw me?..hmmm, memang tgh sakit lagik, tapi kalau out dgn 'him' takkan nak step sakit lak.. precious babe time with him.. itupun after that afternoon, he goes back on board.. i am juz waiting for the 18th then he be on vacation till next year february:) which he is going to spend abt 1 mth her with me.. yeah..x'mas will be exciting i hope.. but 1 thing i am dissapointed is tat "U DID NOT COME TO ME AND SAY HI!!"..:-( next time pls do, not like i look any better than you do, (even blum mandi!).. hmmm, there goes the moments when i finally would hv met you.. :( but aniways, hp there are other days to meet. oh yah, glad u like e bag.. its only abt a week old:) hehe, i like it too, coz, bleh taruk bermcm2 khazanah kat dlm:)
hp to bump into u soon.. to finally say hi..and c the veli pretty u:) take care..n hv a nice day, wherever you are..
p.s: i just came back fm a 2 days mc again!:(
seventeen and sixteen is good!
WOITS MAKCIK!!!
30th dec ur off arh???
*grinz*
thinkin wat i'm tinking tak?
kak raihan!! i dunno if u recognise me la but i was from crescent too. 2 years your junior and in hockey also. anyways i'll link up your blog in mine eh?? came across it while browsing.
http://herglorybox.blogspot.com
Raihan!!!!
If luck's on me, I'll see you next month!!!at your apartment. ;P
ooo...thanks for the taggin.me also..selalu singgah blog awak but kita tak tag.heheheeh..
i posted my niece pic juz for u...her bday is on the 15th dec.
u take care aite??Insya allah ..we will meet soon.
RAIHANNNN!!!
I NEED YOUR ROYAL HELPPPP!!!!
i dunno wat to pack. :( :( :(
MSN MSN MSN!!!or sumtin , quickkkk!!!!
hey there babe, just got back from new york. its extremely chilly n shiok to hibernate yet double shiok to be having a hot omelette bfast at times square.
I got yr tag, abt yr dad. No i do not think u are a bad person, if u think u are, then i'm as equally as bad as you. circumstances made us such. being women, we just have to be extra cautious to protect ourselves.
I hope eveything is going well for you. hope to hear you soon :)
Post a Comment