The Thorn, The Ass and The Trouble With Happiness

I just read someone's very angry blogpost about someone else's blogposts. Clearly,this disgruntled blogger went blog-hopping and became really unhappy with someone else's happiness. Angry blogger dissed happy blogger for painting a fairy-tale portrait of happy blogger's life. Angry blogger claims happy blogger is lying and happy blogger is, in fact, living a trailer-trash pauper's life. Angry blogger lashes out, within the territorial verbal rights of her own blog, at the happy blogger and all the other happy bloggers in the world who apparently,she seems to claim, ALL lie about their happy happy lives. Aaaaah...I didn't know we all have a collective need to continously fabricate our royal lives on a daily basis.

Well,she insulted me, indirectly. Walaupun it might NOT be me she was talking about, aku makan cili. I mean, I know on most posts, I sound dandy.It's because I am and I deserve to be. Happiness didn't come to me served. I have to work hard for it so I know I deserve this chirpy albeit challenged life. It's like she's telling me I don't have a right to be happy and make noise about it in my own blog, my own personal space. Terasa aku tau when she harped on some issues like a thorn in her horizontally-challenged ass.

Like her, I used to be judgemental. Though I was NOT as bitter as her, I used to say "that is like that because of some lame reason that is not enough to justify it being like that". But I stopped. I stopped because I realize people are the way they are for many reasons.Like a dominal effect, a person lives the way or behaves the way he does because of a chain of events brought about by a tragedy, a trauma, a whim or a windfall. Or simply it was God's grace...or maybe His wrath. Anything. Everyone has their own story to tell, me included. And everyone else does not have the right to assume what story that other person's one is, me included here too. All I'm saying is live...and let live.

I might contradict myself by typing this post now but this time, I have to holler! She's criminalizing happiness! Oooohh...trust me...many times, I've gone on blog-trips and read blogposts filled with loads of self-love, self-hate, whines, gripes, grammatical errors, foot-in-mouth errors, suggestive errors....but I never felt the urge (till now) to put in my two-cents worth about these people's daily musings. It's their property. It's their right. It's their mouth. It's their life.

In the words of my merajok-punya-Abang TG...tu semua diorang punya seluar dalam.
Yeah...right on. I've got my own undergarments to sort.

I am 23 and STILL single yet I'm supporting my school-going little sister and my bed-ridden father who is only 53. I've convinced my mom to drop her high-stress with fat-paycheck hotshot hotelier job for a low-stress with low-pay 9-5 so she can be around my father more and also for her to slow down the fast track as she approaches 50 herself. She's gone through enough shit in the hotel industry and in life itself. I pay for the maid. I pay for many things in Singapore that my family needs. Yet, Alhamdullilah, my bank balance thrives, I can still shop indulgently guilt-free, I get to travel, I don't feel stressed at all and I have a lovely, lovely man by my side to love me (though he is now on a 10-day Singapore/Melbourne/Brisbane trip). I didn't live like this before....my close friends know about my troubled family history, my father's bullshit, my days of going broke, my days with Hairul the Berok, my days of dissatisfaction with my previous career choices with measly paychecks on most times...it's all been done. I deserve to be happy. It might last, it might not....but happy is as happy gets. Rezeki. So Miss Thorn-In-Ass, let the happy ones stay happy. Even when they're not and they're just pretending, it's really not your business to diss. Who knows, their fairy-tales might just come true. And when they come true, you're gonna have a helluva time looking for YOUR super extra-large panties to fit BOTH the ass and the thorn.

And THAT'S not easy when life is generally a huge, messy underwear drawer.

8 comments:

Mamafai said...

Hi there...thanks for dropping by at my blog :)

Alles-Lila said...

Hello! We nearly have the same birthdate! Mine's 21.04.1980. Anyway, everyone deserves to be happy and nobody has the right to dictate how we live our lives...so pedulikan apa org ckp! Be happy always :)

Raihan said...

Promise...ni ajer first-time I will make a big fuss about someone else's crap...coz really cannot carry! Heheh... but thanks anyway.What's ur blogsite?Gimme...promise kita tak buat kerja bodoh and mengomel. :)

Trina said...

ello Raihan.. hehe wwwoooooo.. dat was hmmm... hehehehhe... guess we kind of go thru the same shit!! heheheh i think we deserve it after all the ups and down. hey mind ya im still supportin my mum , my sisters and bro tau! like i say kalau ada rezeki tak kemana... i gave them all i haf since i can now.. who knws besok lusa i cant do it. nie semua nak balas jasa my parents who haf taken care of me. :-) if i can afford, why not? no one haf to say it.. unless life's not dat unkind. but .. disebalik semua nie mesti ada rahmatnya... i've gone thru shit too! so cant i be happy now?? :-)

Raihan said...

Hey Trin...yeah,we're happy,we deserve it and we want to make noise about it.Betul tak? You should read this girl punya post...it's mean!It's like bila orang complain about their shitty lives, she believe and accept but bila orang cakap pasal their happy lives, she will dismiss it as lies and she actually laughed at it and then dissed it, angrily on her blog.Apa ajer...tak patutlah..it's not nice.I would like to reveal the post and let you read it but I don't want to offend her like she offended people. Anyway,you'd surely stumble upon her blog if u bloghop around the same circle of bloggers punya links. :)

rahyan said...

eh gal, i love u so much oready. This is by far my fave entry..haha....u HIT. HIT. HIT. HIT. its not an angry entry...just so.....matter of fact and i like dat.

kyla_t said...

Hey raihan , it's been long and ages since i was luking fer a bloody tagboard or sumtin to post sum of my ridiculous crap.anyways,hows life been there?a couple of people i know are there too and u seem so happy , i admit , i am so envious of u , more envious than anything else in the world!u have the best job ever!away from everyone else....ah heaven...hope to see u soon , noe wat i mean.Insya Allah!!miss u loads gurl!!Send ma love to Azim...

Raihan said...

Rahyan...Thanks.I was powered on by indignance and tak puas hati kinda feeling....heheh :)

AnnaE....Dun be enviouslaaahh...it's something u did before also wat...flying and all...God will give u that chance again,InsyaAllah.Emirates and SIA pon lebih kurang sama jugak. U try again lorr for Emirates...we need more SIngaporeans tapi I dunno why they are so choosy....