So yeah...I was in Singapore for awhile. Tried to get time out wit some galpals but there just wasn't enough time and not enough me. Me was exhausted. Woke up to endless SMS-es in Singapore and several messages on phone in hotel room but no energy for any. Got the layover shortened considerably as our outgoing flight to Brisbane was on schedule but I was in town, nonetheless. Oh, I was in town with Azim! Yeah, managed to get him on this flight after one guy from my team that day called in 'sick'. Of course he had to sacrifice his Düsseldorf flight (which was in two days) for this but hey, we really wanted to go home. We do miss Singapore, despite all our grievances.

Had a family reunion in my hotel room. Though my mom saw me in Feb, she went all bleary-eyed when she saw me. Figures. I am easy to long for. Heh. My sister loved the MyScene doll I got for her from Frankfurt. Heck, I love it too but 22 is a few months too old to be playing with dolls. It came with clothes and shoes and a free video tape about the MyScene gang on a summer trip or something but it was in German. Zihan's gonna get a fit trying to figure out what her favourite dolls are saying. Heheh. Oh and my apologies to my galpals. Couldn't meet up to catch up...next month hopefully.

Azim got sick in Brisbane so we stayed in the hotel room the whole time but snuck out at 3am to look for cold remedy tablets, which we found but didn't work. Then in Auckland, he got worse through the night and had to see a doctor. Poor baby had high fever and chills. I had to wrap him up all snug and warm which worried me because his skin felt really hot yet he was shivering with cold. I was freaking out, toweling him, making him tea (that was the only thing he'd drink!) and trying to make him eat. The doctor came and diagnosed him. Throat infection. Prescribed him some antibiotics and said he had to stay in Auckland for 3 more days till he fully recovers. Azim freaked then (our flight back to Brisbane was tomorrow which means I have to go off first and leave him in Auckland alone!) and proceeded to obey my instructions to eat plenty and drink glass after glass of juice. I dunno how we did it but by the time our departure was due, his fever was gone and he felt A LOT better. Got clearance to fly from another doctor but only as a passenger back to Brisbane. All that mattered was my darling was with me. Doc could clear him to fly as the captain for all we care…..as long as we're not separated. Sappy crap, maybe? Maybe.

But…Guys, try being really sick without having someone like your loving fiancé/wife/mother baby you till you get better or maybe even after that. And girls, try going to work knowing your loved fiancé/hubby/significant other/dog/cat/fish is bedridden sick at home. It messes up the mind and plays with the heart. And the sick get sicker. Not good economics.

No comments: