I don't know if I'm getting another Singapore on my next roster. I truly hope I do. All the other destinations can wait. I buddy-bid with Azim so we'll get the same flights. It's funny coz I couldn't wait to get away from Singapore yet now, I keep wanting to come back. Azim feels the same way too. I mean, we love Dubai, we love being here with each other and if we could turn back time, we would still take that plane to live and build our lives and careers here rather than Singapore yet we keep looking forward to have Singapore flights. We know it's not really Singapore we desired, it's the people. Our families, primarily. Our friends. My galpals. His buddies. I just wanted to get away from Singapore for the greener grass in Dubai. The higher pay, the nicer place, the lavish life. Just didn't forsee the impact the lack of seeing my mother's smile on her face would have on me. Didn't forsee that when I need Mardi or Izrina or Nazreen or any of my galpals for talk therapy or to make me laugh, it would cost me phone calls the price of a Prada bag. Didn't forsee that when I have time for them finally, they won't have time for me.
So, here we go again….getting caught up and lost in our own lives. We cease the human touch and crave the rat race. Methinks somewhere, somehow, the need to feed became greater than the need to feel. Scales have been tipped. Something that irks me. Someone I don't want to become. Someone on her own golden globe, on her own journey to her own greater destination of her life's goals, numb to the warmth of another person.
Because at the end of the day, it pleasures me to no end, to come home into Azim's arms. Because at the end of the day, his big hug took away that big fat woman who kept asking me when we are going to land and then gave me her bag of vomit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment