yeah so i was sitting in the train, minding my own business, lost in the chapters of "I Capture The Castle" by Dodie Smith (yeah, I'm a sucker for depressing heroines-overcoming-adversity yarns) and somewhere between pages 187 and 188, i looked up and this dude was sitting infront of me, mutually lost in his own space and minding his own business.and it hit me, "THAT'S Mat Noor!" Okay, 411: Mat Noor a.k.a Mad Noor, lead singer of the Moderates, alumni of Catholic Junior College and NUS Arts Fac and known in my life as "The-One-Before-Hairul Naim". How? (Once upon a time, I was still in Crescent Girls' and Mat Noor was already in his first year of JC, i happened to change my morning routine one day and took the later 132 bus to school and i met HIM! I crushed immediately and hit hard. He set the benchmark for how I want my guy to look like. Nice body, fair, kinda non-Malay type of look with NICE HAIR.I was SUCH a schoolgirl.It wasn't until he was in NUS that we finally got to know each other and we talked, outside and on the phone and i think i got hit harder that time coz i found out he has such a great sense of humour, he always catches my drift, we get along so well and he is oh soooo sweet, oh sooo nice.) But nothing ever became of anything coz he has a girlfriend whom he adores and I now have my darling whom I adore (that's kinda how i measure how Azim is the One....when i was with the other guys, I STILL had a crush on Mat Noor and was wishing fervently that he would break up with his girlfriend!).He really is now a friend, no longer a fancy. So fast forward to today, the dude sitting in front of me made eye-contact with me and because I really really thought that was Mat Noor, I expected his face to take on a look of recognition but after a few seconds, this dude went back into his space, unperturbed! I was indignant! IT'S ME! HE knows ME!Waitaminute, doesn't Mat Noor ride a bike?! Or maybe it's "Bike Rosak" day?! Or he's PMSing and doesn't feel like exchanging cordialities with anyone, esp someone as noisy as me? But Mat Noor isn't like that.....but...but...I whipped out my mobile and text out a vague "Do you still take the train?" to Mat Noor's number. A few minutes later, the dude still didn't flinch and his mobile didn't make a sound but mine did. It was a message from Mat Noor. And he said, "Tak. Moto tak muat.Why?" And because that was so typical Mat Noor-retort and so funny to me, I laughed out LOUD, right there. In front of the Dude-Who's-NOT-Mat-Noor and everyone else in that relatively silent train carriage! Dang it! So malu! I was due to get off at Queenstown but I got off earlier at Tiong Bahru coz my FACE got off at Tanjong Pagar!! So that was my evening embarrassment for the masses. And the moral of the story? Never action-terror, in ANY situation. There will always be a malu consequence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment