there is an abyss somewhere that time seeps into and tasks flows out of....and i am smack right here in the middle of nowhere, overwhelmed and underrated.what the hell am i doing here? seriously, i am born to wear Gucci...not work it.i really do not like this job and i do not like the pretentious people and i do not like the promises they made to a young fry like me that were never kept. i do not like the shitload of work i do not understand for i am not a fashion graduate and i do not understand why that Chinese bitch with the Diploma in LOGISTICS (??) is in the PR department and me with the Mass Communication Dip in the Merchandising Department.Can someone turn the lights on please?True, I get to go on buys in Milan and New York eventually, I get to determine what goes into our Singapore boutique from the International Catalogue, I get to see all the stuff first but after much immersion and intimacy with the Gucci bags, shoes, stuff....I realise Gucci bags are actually overpriced and ugly, albeit good quality. Gucci shoes this Fall/Winter are HORRENDOUS (check out the wedges and the clogs!UGH!) and the Gucci clothes can't really be worn in Singapore (READ:leather biker jackets and faux fur coats!??) so since I do not see the "lines", the "cutting", the "amazing fabric!" BECAUSE I am not a fashion graduate then prey tell, what am I doing here? Did they take me just because I am the only one who bothered to wear a power suit to the final interview,instead of just formal office wear? Did they take me just because I looked right? Can't they bump that Logistics misfit into my vacancy and create a vacancy for ME in where I belong? With the media and the press releases and all that has got to do with what I love? I don't know how much more I can take of this for I feel really lost and stupid everytime I get to work and what I see as nice to bring into the Singapore market, my seniors say nay. So they bring in evening bags half a metre long, in python skin, horse hair (??!) and crocodile skin and shoes with weird wedged heels that really look like a species of caterpillar and clogs in designs that the Holland women have stashed in the deepest darkest parts of their cellars, under their rustiest windmills. And about that weird leather bags...the python skin one looks like a dried-up wound that I would just love to kopek and horse hair is JUST SO WRONG and i do believe one crocodile handbag boutique in Far East Shopping Center just went out of business. so there. maybe my endless tirade is just because i did not study the depths of fashion and haute couture. i feel my self-induced end coming near in Gucci and i know i would not regret it. maybe this is a sign that i should just up and go do my degree now. i do sometimes crave for my carefree student life.....and i know i'm still young enough to do it. in Gucci I am one of the bloody youngest! so this is a point in my life, a fork in my road.....where shall my new Gucci last season mules take me? don't touch that dial.
PS: Gucci's last Spring/Summer bags and shoes and ready-to-wear were so much nicer...too bad i missed that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment