Azim refers to me as his "wife".I just realized that today.I am his "wife". No, I'm not freaked out by it. It's just as though someone suddenly turned on the light in a room of my life I've never been before and I'm standing at the doorway. It's kinda surreal, kinda zero-gravity mode, kinda bittersweet.....I'm growing up. In my greener days,when I made Barbie marry Ken and then proceeded to cut off all her hair, it would never occur to me that I would really be getting married one day myself. Next year, in fact! But already, I am, in Azim's mind, someone to have and to hold, for better or for worse and till death do us part. The stupid term "going steady" has lost all significance. It is going to happen. Azim and Raihan. And, now, I can hardly wait.


You don't believe in rheumatism and true love until the first attack. Figures.

No comments: