More than ten years ago, a certain Hana from Crescent Girls' School, blithely wrote in big blue letters, on my arm -with only the merest trace of apprehension but the lion's share of mirth:-
"Bulu Roma Irama"In honour of my bulu roma AND dangdut roma irama. Pfft. I don't know how and why and where she came up with such a clever little nugget to slap on my arm like the devil's bumper sticker but slap she did and till today, I remember that day in school so vividly.
Well, on Sunday last, she got her just desserts when she got bulu stuffed in her face.
But it was all for good reason. One very good reason. Spot him.
Pretty sweet just desserts, yes?
Mabrouk, Hana and Herman!
May it always be sweeter than sweet, sweethearts!
Of course, once again and always, a wedding of an ex-Crescentian is actually a school reunion in disguise. This time, I made it in time and the faces I adored from days of yore were the very faces I saw that were busy being stuffed with Mr and Mrs Herman's sedap wedding fare that day. And then some (add in husbands, kids and ..err... perots!). Though we sorely missed four (yes, you four...you know who you are!!).
All together now....
Anggun. NurulAsy. Martini. SK. Me. All Crescentians. ALL.
Noraliffa. Raihan. NurulHuda. Mmmm...I like this sandwich.
Anggun, look here, I said. Martini and Arip obliged. Heh.
I want to hug you again and again, Mardi!
So...err..who else has a perot? :)
And so it is, in celebration of a friend's nuptials, we find reasons to celebrate life's other beautiful things. To all my lovely girls, including the one who just got halal-stamped, keep coming back to me with good news, okay?!
Maybe it'll all rub off on me someday. When I'm ready. When I want to. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment