UPDATED Friday 27th February 2009:
A big fat apology to all those who've eagerly requested photos, enquired prices or aimed straight for the bag. It was actually sold as soon as I've put it up but I didn't get to update my Multiply in time. The buyer had the advantage of SMS-ing me pronto. I was surprised to realize there are so many Longchamp fans. There was even one who offered me $100 despite my $90 price tag. Heh. And I thought price negotiation meant bargaining for a lesser amount! But it's sold so next time, next bag..next chance! And only, if that! Thanks for the interest, ladies (and one gentleman!)!
And it didn't help that many gorgeous bags were on sale.
Like this one, for example:
Part of a special edition range from Longchamp's 2008 catalogue. And now, I'm selling it almost as soon as I've brought it home. Yes, if you like the look of this bag on my bedroom door, I'm letting it go for a mere $90 or anyone's best offer. It's brand new, the retail price was 120euros (approx.SG$234) and I got it on sale in Frankfurt's Longchamp for 65euros (approx. SG$130).
I bought it for my aunty, who shoved a wad of cash in my hands prior to Frankfurt and told me to get her a Longchamp bag like the one I got for my mother recently -a gorgeous dark brown number from the Planetes range. But once in Frankfurt, I got sidetracked and got this instead which she really really liked but, being practical to a fault, didn't think the velvet material of the bag's main body is to her preferance because she wanted something firmer like the Planetes stiff nylon one.
I think this bag's lovely and I would keep it for myself but after much consideration, I decided the design and colour is too "mature" for me. Not like I'm kengkonon some nubile young thing but it looks (and feels) more like a bag for the 40/50-something ladies. I'm thinking the person who will buy this from me will buy it for her mother or aunty or someone around that age group, like how I chose it for my aunty. However, to each her own....if you'd like it for yourself and you've got enough panache to pull it off in style...get it! Don't lengah-lengah!
I'm not very good (read: malas!) with measurements so my best effort at describing the size is to tell you to think about the medium Longchamp Le Pliage bag. That's it. The handles and flap are made of calf leather, the bag was made in France still (some of the normal Le Pliage Longchamp bags have already started to be made in CHINA!) and the interior is made of lovely champagne-coloured satin. It is a bag to be carried on the shoulder and has two interior pockets for all your bits and bobs.
To view the bag, for more pics, ask more questions, negotiate price or to throw caution to the wind and actually buy it, drop me a Multiply PM or for those who have my number, text/call me. I prefer meet-ups, I don't trust postage and I am not that scary in person.
The bag's waiting and it does not wait for long.
PS: Door not included but paper bag and gift bag are.

No comments:
Post a Comment