Of Germany, Germs & Gesundheit!



The whole of Frankfurt almost froze over last weekend as temperatures nosedived near freezing point but it seemed like it still wasn't cold enough. Snow turned to rain moments before touchdown and the sky took on a clear summery blue by midday. If one's cold-detecting nerves failed that day, one would think winter was over.

But it was plenty cold for me. A 38 degree temperature and a leaky nose sentenced me to a day-long stint indoors with meds from hot young blonde German doctor to keep me from keeling over and passing out.

A day was all I could stand for. Frankfurt's retail sector beckoned unabashedly and so by the next day, though still harbouring remnants of my cold, I went out into the cold.



And into them shops. So much for nursing myself back to health, I helped to nurse the ailing economy instead.

Well, here's to healing, then!



PS: She of the shiny hair in the picture in Longchamp is SO not me (coz I do not have shiny hair AND I took the picture..DUH!). She of the shiny hair is one of the three devil's advocates who lured me out that day. She even tried to lure us into Chanel, the terrible temptress!

No comments: