Dinner by my lonesome ownsome here in Rome, at the hotel's restaurant, Umanesimo.

Yes, just a sandwich with a bottle of sparkling water. No Italian fare here, despite current digs.
Solely because yesterday was a day full of all things Italian. We walked almost all over central Roma and even took a trip to the Vatican City. We visited silent grottos, saw gorgeous Vespas, took many fotografia, bought some regalo, had yummy gelato and of course, we had an Italian dinner where I had my absolute Italian favourite, Pesto spaghetti.
But today, while the rest went all over Roma again, to the places we missed yesterday, I stayed in my room, got to know my new laptop better and paid back a day of fasting, owed from the previous year's Ramadhan.
And so here I am breaking my fast.
After three days of all things Italian, I can't wait to be home on Wednesday with my Malay man and my Norwegian cat. Although that Malay man sometimes "feeling" Italian and that Norwegian cat sometimes thinks it's a dog.
Oh well. Excuse me while I work on my sandwich.

No comments:
Post a Comment